PDA

View Full Version : Crushed ice vs. cubed

HumboldtSmoka420
08-07-2010, 06:10 PM
What kind of ice is best for making full melt? Rounded? Cubed? Crushed? Does it matter?

d0rk2dafullest
08-07-2010, 06:28 PM
i usually blend my ice, and then throw it in a bucket to make a nice canna slushie

HerbalToker
08-07-2010, 08:39 PM
I would think Crushed ice would just melt faster, And in the end you'd need More ice. Homemade Freezer ice is ideal.

HumboldtSmoka420
08-07-2010, 08:42 PM
That sucks.......no room in the freezer for ice trays :(

BigManNew
08-08-2010, 10:59 AM
I have seen most people use cubed ice and then some people have used snow when it is available to them. hope this helps you out!

cheers

Babbabud
08-08-2010, 11:52 AM
I would use cubed ice. ive done some experiementing with snow.... would never try it or crushed ice again. The trichs get caught up in the slush and need lots of rinsing to melt out of the slush and get down through the bags.

HumboldtSmoka420
08-09-2010, 09:07 AM
So cubes are best, then crushed and dont use snow? Got it! The crushed ice I kinda have to use most of the time isnt TOO crushed though so its been working, I'm just wondering if cubes will work better.
Thanks yall and still valuing more input thanks!

d0rk2dafullest
08-09-2010, 06:17 PM
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/2/3/6/8/IMG00034-20090823-2122.jpg

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/2/3/6/8/IMG00035-20090823-2220.jpg

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/2/3/6/8/IMG00037-20090823-2313.jpg

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/2/3/6/8/IMG00009-20091003-0000_848040.jpg

I only use 3 bags, 25, 120, 160

Figured i'll be smoking everything anyways.
so why not mix em up?

Green Supreme
08-09-2010, 06:23 PM
I can tell ya why not to mix them. You see, if you use only one strain and all the bags, ya have a minimum of 5 different buzzes , Your way limits to 2 probably. Quality before quantity!!!. Peace GS

ps freezer frozen cubes rock, hollow cubes not so

ropesheads
08-09-2010, 08:47 PM
you may find that dannish make the strongest ice making bags...CEDO bags blue type..

ropesheads
08-09-2010, 08:48 PM
you have made some good looking stash weldone brother..keep it up..make more.

HumboldtSmoka420
08-10-2010, 02:57 AM
looks like you get a lot in terms of quantity, but it looks like it could be better quality. what kind of ice do you use? and I heard stirring by hand means you usually get less chlorophyll, or green-ness........that is a shit ton of hash you have there though, how much trim did you use?

Everyone agrees freezer ice cubes from ice trays is the best kind of ice to use?

MajorLeagueBongRips
08-10-2010, 04:15 AM
Don't think it's gonna make a difference if it's from an ice tray or bought in a bag from the super market, but cubes is definitely the way to go. Material is obviously the key factor in creating that melty goodness. And if your really lookin for quality FULL MELT definitely wouldn't mix the different grades together.

Green Supreme
08-10-2010, 04:42 AM
Store bought ice is definitely hollow and melts faster than solid freezer cubes. Peace GS

HumboldtSmoka420
08-10-2010, 04:43 AM
Looks like I need to clear out some room in the freezer and get some ice trays for next time!

Am I correct in thinking hand mixing not too rough with a spoon for about 5 minutes for the first run is the best way to do it?

What about the ice to trim to water ratios, whats the ideal combination?

Thanks everyone! This forum rules!

HerbalToker
08-10-2010, 08:15 AM
For my first runs i have done 3 minutes usually, as the bubblenow's first setting is 3 minutes. Ideally, Water halfway or a bit higher in the bucket, and then fill with ice untill youv covered ALL the water. Ice is your friend when making bubble. And keeping your ice from melting, and adding ice Throughout is always a good idea too, as it always melts.

Im still a beginner hash maker myself, dont mean to be giving advice like a pro. but this is stuff iv just learned through what experience i have, and all the tips iv gotten from the awsome members here at FMB while doin it.

Peace

HumboldtSmoka420
08-10-2010, 08:41 AM
For my first runs i have done 3 minutes usually, as the bubblenow's first setting is 3 minutes. Ideally, Water halfway or a bit higher in the bucket, and then fill with ice untill youv covered ALL the water. Ice is your friend when making bubble. And keeping your ice from melting, and adding ice Throughout is always a good idea too, as it always melts.

Im still a beginner hash maker myself, dont mean to be giving advice like a pro. but this is stuff iv just learned through what experience i have, and all the tips iv gotten from the awsome members here at FMB while doin it.

Peace

You sound like you know more than the average bear :p
That sounds like a great idea, thanks man! Do you put a layer of ice, then trim, then ice, then trim, alternating like that and just let that sit till it gets really cold before you add the water or just add it all at once and immediately start stirring before it gets really cold?
Also, do y'all let the mix sit in the bags after stirring it for any length of time before starting to pull the bags? I heard it lets the trichomes settle to the bottom, true?
This forum being so awesome makes me sad I didnt buy bubblebag brand bags :mad:
I'm sorry Bubbleman, I will at least buy a few individual bags from you to make up for it!

HerbalToker
08-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Again to my knowledge the best way to go about it, is Fill your water full, and then Add your ice after so the pouring of the water doesnt melt your ice. This is when Iv been told you may want to alternate, Put some ice some trim some ice some trim. Not too many layers.
Putting the water in First helps to, again, not melt the ice. Because pouring Even cold water over ice will melt it somewhat.

About the Settling, i have encountered Mixed opinions on the topic. Some believe pulling right away does the same job, with the mindset that if the bags are doing theyr job to filter, they will get the trichomes regardless. But from reading bubblemans threads, i would suggest allowing for settleing time. It allows the resins still mixed in with the ice and the plant matter to settle into the bags. So you can see how there would be mixed opinions. because "the First heads to drop should be the nicest" so is allowingit to settle allowing those "not so nice" trichs into your melt? lol Who knows right.

i like this thread - http://fullmeltbubble.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24

Anyways, again i appologize if i seem like im trying to make myself out to be some Expert hash maker. like i said i am a beginner, just have done alot of research, and question asking. Liek you are ;)

Peace

HumboldtSmoka420
08-10-2010, 09:13 AM
So you start stirring immediately after adding all of the ice, trim, and water together?
Do you stir in the bucket with all the bags in it or in a seperate bucket and then pour it into the bucket with the bags?
Shouldnt you let the mixture sit until it gets cold enough before you start stirring?
Also, do you reuse the first runs water when doing the 2nd run?

Dude, you know your shit if you ask me, thanks a ton for your knowledge!

HerbalToker
08-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Yes stir immediately, to avoid soggy plant matter. As told to me by KushKommander, (Happy Birthday kk!) No need to let it sit as far as i know dude. The mixture gets Very cold Very fast. Use Cold water to begin with and your fine. The fresher the ice the better.

HumboldtSmoka420
08-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Just a couple more questions, I promise :)

Do you reuse the first run's water when doing the 2nd run?

And do you stir the mixture in the bucket with all the bags in it, or stir in a seperate bucket, then pour the mix into the bucket with the bags?

Thanks again man, u rule!

HerbalToker
08-11-2010, 02:29 AM
Yes it is okay to re-use the water for your runs. Bubblenow does after all i believe. youll note drastic water colour change between runs as well.

I would suggest stirring in all of the bags. I have tried a few methods, and halve tried three Mixing/pourig methods. Including Mixing in all the bags, Mixing in just the work bag, and mixing in No bag and pouring like you mentioned. And i would suggest in the end, mixing in all the bags, and allowing for some settletime.

They both WORK.. but i would suggest, like i said before, look at Bubblmans method, and fallow it. He was telling me that when Pouring through the bags, all of the excess pressure of the Moving water, pretty much F*&ks everything up, because it Forces heads through the screens that shouldent be etc.

lol i keep putting my skill level disclaimer because i dont mean to sound like some FMCD master. So i dont mean to sound like a broken record but These are just tips and techniques iv picked up from what experience i have and from all the great members here. Hope they help, they've gotten my some pretty decent results :)

Peace

HumboldtSmoka420
08-11-2010, 02:52 AM
This won't harm the bags huh? Just thinking all that stirring and I hit bottom sometimes while stirring and that this may damage the work bags screen?

Oh and I didnt mean pouring through the bags like having a bucket with the bottom cut out, i just ment mixing in a seperate bucket and then pouring it into the bucket with the bags in it to sit a little before pulling the bags u know?

Guess I'll just try to avoid hitting the screen, correct?

So using fresh water wouldn't make it better?

Man, this may be the most informative forum I've seen on hash! And dude, I cant tell you how much I appreciate all your advice! Dude you rule!

HerbalToker
08-11-2010, 03:50 PM
I never said ANYthing about sturring in a bucket with the bottom cut out dude.. i ment using three buckets.. and pouring. lol, bottom cut out of the bucket.

Why would touching the screen be an issue? just try not to go too deep.. Bubblebags are manufactured to the HIghest Quality, the amount of weight that is held in a work bag when draining, apply's 10 times as much force as Mixing ever would. Youv got nothing to worry about. The only thing is some find it Easier to mix in a bucket with no bags, and pour through the other bags. But if you think about it, al the water weight is going to FORCE bigger heads through your bigger micron bags and change the quality of you hash.. because forcing 160 micron heads into your 120 screen, and 120 heads into you 90 screen and on an on.. this is obviously going to effect your quality.

HumboldtSmoka420
08-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Nah man, I didnt mean to say you said that lol, I knew what you meant I was just trying to say dont do it that way you know?

I was just thinking, but yea you are right about the bag's strength.
I look forward to applying all your tips with my next run, should be in a couple of days (cant wait!). I'll post pics too!

Do you heat your bubble and press it after it dries? I usually do, but last time it came out so good I didnt worry about pressing it plus it wasnt really enough quantity wise to fool with it, but it still bubbled like crazy! Would it have bubbled more if I would have pressed it?

HerbalToker
08-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Most people here would suggest to NEVER press your bubble, and i suggest the same. Leave it powdered. it smokes Much much nicer. Good hash, will bubble no matter what. Bubbly hash, bubbles. Pressing it, causes it to smoke alot worse, and mashes all of your trichome heads together, that you worked so hard to keep nice n prestine.

HumboldtSmoka420
08-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Yea but i heard decarboxylation converts THC -A into THC by the removal of the carbon atom thus making the hash more potent, correct?

Bubbleman even made a thread showing how to do it here: http://fullmeltbubble.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315

What you think?

James-Bong
08-11-2010, 10:46 PM
use a strainer and only use water that has sat in ice for awhile.... this ensures that the water is around the same temp as the ice.... and you wont get so much melt...cubed is way to go

HerbalToker
08-12-2010, 09:49 AM
Without having to look at that link humboldtsmoker, Bubbleman will tell you that pressing hash was made for the purpose of Smuggling and mass distribution. Keep your bubble powdered, when its wet, Run it through a Sieve, or Metail wire strainer, to Powder it, and spread it thinly on Cardboard. This was my last recommendation from Bman last time we chilled at his pad and were puffing the bubble i had made...

Iv never heard anything about your THC-A whatevr lol i dunn how true that is. Someone else might be able to Cover that one. I would call BS. But i could be wrong hehe.

Good luck on your run dude, let us know how it goes, theres always room for improvement. The only and best way to learn.. is to do it. i was told this from bman for a long time. And finally after making hash a few times you can see its true. Experience is really what pays off. So do it. and Good luck. you know enough about the process now to make some killer.

Peace

YukonBikerGuy
08-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Read the thread closer.... Bubbleman states that he has not actually pressed bubble hash for years. The thread is more of an 'if you want to' than a 'this is the best way to'.

YBG

Yea but i heard decarboxylation converts THC -A into THC by the removal of the carbon atom thus making the hash more potent, correct?

Bubbleman even made a thread showing how to do it here: http://fullmeltbubble.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315

What you think?

HumboldtSmoka420
08-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Oh! I thought pressing it made it better, heard that a lot.........I didnt like that step anyways, had some hash accidentally get wet because a hole in the bag. :)

Man this forum really is helpful as hell! Congratulations on having the best hash forum on the net!

I can't wait to do my next run and apply all these tips I've learned, its gonna be some killer! Should be tomorrow!

Any more tips I need to know? Thanks again y'all, much appreciated!

HumboldtSmoka420
08-12-2010, 11:34 PM
Yes stir immediately, to avoid soggy plant matter. As told to me by KushKommander, (Happy Birthday kk!) No need to let it sit as far as i know dude. The mixture gets Very cold Very fast. Use Cold water to begin with and your fine. The fresher the ice the better.

Oh hey, wouldn't letting the mix settle before you pull the bags get the plant matter soggy also? Just thought of this.......

HumboldtSmoka420
08-12-2010, 11:38 PM
This was my last recommendation from Bman last time we chilled at his pad and were puffing the bubble i had made...
Peace

Dude you chilled with THE bubbleman? You suck! That would be like the coolest smokeout ever! :p

HerbalToker
08-13-2010, 08:47 AM
Lol yes sir. We puff on the reg. :D

HumboldtSmoka420
08-13-2010, 04:04 PM
Man, I just watched his video on pot.tv, you know the hour long one where he goes through the whole process? I wish I would have watched it before I started this thread, then I wouldn't have had to ask most of my questions lol, it was like, a life-changing video :)

Is there anything that man doesnt know about THC?

I gotta move to Canada damnit lol, I'm jealous!!