PDA

View Full Version : Working Outside of the Work Bag?

paultheghost
09-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Hi there. First time poster (outside of the now-defunct glass market) and first time bubblehash maker.
I'd first like to thank Bubbleman, FullMeltBubble, Green Supreme, YBG, and other posters for all the great information on the site. My first ever harvest is going to be in 3 or 4 weeks, so I wanted to turn all my lovely outdoor sugar leaf into some kick-ass bubble hash. I have a 5 gallon 4 bag kit and I have pretty much all the information I think I'll need except for one thing I couldn't find from searching.
Would there be any advantage to mixing the herb, ice, and water in a separate 5 gallon bucket and then pouring it through the bags, or perhaps working in the 220u bag only and then pulling it and pouring that through the other three bags?
I'd really like to learn as much as possible before my first runs, so any information you guys could throw my way would be awesome.
Thanks!

YukonBikerGuy
09-19-2010, 12:35 AM
The Bubblenow machines work exactly this way, mixing the material in zippered mesh bags in the washer and then draining to the bags/bucket.

By mixing in a seperate bucket (or Bubblenow) and then pouring the mash into the workbag, it prevents any possible damage to the work bag (or the other bags) from the mixing process.

I wouldn't pour the hash laden water thru the bags, its too much force and some trichs will be forced thru the screen. Place all the bags down into the bucket, pour in the hash water, then pull the bags one by one. They are (gentle) collector bags more than (forced) strainer bags.

Dr.BudGreengenes reccomended to me using a seperate bucket for every bag; pour into 1, pull, pour water into new bag/bucket, repeat till done.

McBitso has an interesting method involving technique and plastic inserts that gently tumbles the water across the screen to avoid the forcing of trichs through the mesh, and also slightly emulates a straining action so as to avoid having to pull the bags.

For your first few runs, I would suggest sticking to the basic method, even if mixing in a seperate bucket.

Hope that helps, thx for readin.
YBG

paultheghost
09-24-2010, 04:58 PM
I wouldn't pour the hash laden water thru the bags, its too much force and some trichs will be forced thru the screen. Place all the bags down into the bucket, pour in the hash water, then pull the bags one by one. They are (gentle) collector bags more than (forced) strainer bags.

So you're saying I could mix in a bucket without a bag, and the pour it into a separate bucket with all the bags in it (including the work bag)?

This paragraph kinda confused me cuz it seemed slightly contradictory.

Thanks for your help, YBG. :D

YukonBikerGuy
09-25-2010, 03:16 PM
So you're saying I could mix in a bucket without a bag, and the pour it into a separate bucket with all the bags in it (including the work bag)?

Yes, exactly. Sorry to confuse.

YBG

paultheghost
09-25-2010, 06:45 PM
Cool. I can't wait to get my bags in the mail and start bubblin'!
Thanks again for your help, YBG. You really make this forum a special place. :)

Bubbleman
09-25-2010, 07:03 PM
yeah he does... big up to YBG.. always offering nice answers in a way that is non offensive.. i thank you as well for being here YBG>.. you are a top notch member.

can't wait to see what you come up with paultheghost.. feel free to come in to video chat while your whipping up your hash and we will walk you thru it .. as your making it..

peace
Bubble man

bubble_head4life
09-26-2010, 06:55 AM
Big up's to Bubbleman. if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have this site.

Babbabud
09-26-2010, 12:15 PM
Yea thanks for having us here BMan we do appreciate it !!