PDA

View Full Version : First Run - BubbleNow & 5-gal 8 bag

Bubbling Point
07-01-2008, 10:29 PM
My BubbleNow and Bubblebags will be at my doorstep by 3 p.m. tomorrow, and I just had a few questions before I break them in. If I'm using pure buds, and leave them in the freezer tonight, how much yield should I expect out of a pound? A kilo? Just trying to guestimate my payload is all. It's great to finally be a part of this community, I don't think I'll be leaving for quite some time...:bongin:

YukonBikerGuy
07-02-2008, 04:55 AM
It varies a lot dependant on strain and technique, but I think somewhere between 3 % to 10% is the average yield range. So 3% times 1000 grams (1 kilo) of bud = 30g of hash, at 10% = 100g. Probably best to expect somewhere in the middle, say 5% to 7% return from high quality starting material. I myself just did a run with (very) low quality starting material and only got a little under 2% return, and I was stoked to get it. But that was total garbage (literally) that I started with so any return was comming out ahead.

Here is the official lowdown from the gurus:
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450

Now that I've used a Bubblenow, I could never go back to any other kind of mixing.... You are sure to enjoy your new equipment, keep us up to date with posts of your first run, and welcome. :)

sog army
07-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Hi! ilife.. good to know you are here with your bubblebag knock-offs.. Hopefully the good people here will rub off on you..

WELCOME!
your friend,
sog

ps.. if this isnt you ilife.. i retract my statement and humbly apologize.. you should get generally 8-13% back from your total weight in resin.. in an ideal world.

Bubbling Point
07-03-2008, 07:40 AM
Broke in the Bubblenow and Bags, and I love them. I would just like to point out, in case any other first timers are reading this thread: If you're using brick material, make sure to break it apart by flakes/layers, and not in fat nugs. The surface area will not work this way, and you'll end up with a bunch of soggy crap, and a teeny tiny yield.

Thank God for trial-sized test runs.

P.S. Nope, but no worries. I won't feed the trolls.