PDA

View Full Version : Using a 20 gallon work bag with a 5 gallon bag set

HumboldtSmoka420
10-02-2010, 06:42 PM
So I acquired a 20 gallon work bag and am wondering if I could just use this work bag and a 20 gallon bucket to mix and then just pour the water through my 5 gallon set in a bucket with the bottom cut out to drain into another bucket underneath...........I am thinking of putting a drain with a hose on the 20 gallon bucket to drain into the bags.
Does this sound like it will work to y'all?
Thank you in advance, peace!

Green Supreme
10-02-2010, 07:09 PM
Hey dude. Running 20 gallons worth of hash through 5 gallon screens overloads the screens, decreasing efficiency of the bags and the yield. Good luck. Peace GS

Bubbleman
10-02-2010, 07:19 PM
its definitly not a good idea... you will plug your top screens ie the catch screens.. ie 190u. and 160u... Once to much falls into these bags.. they will act as a catch to stop your better quality resins from falling deeper.

The 5 gallon bags are made to run 200grams worth of material.. but not more.

Let us know what you end up doing..

peace
Bubble man

HumboldtSmoka420
10-02-2010, 09:13 PM
I think I'm going to try it, I just may not use the full 1000 gram capacity of the 20 gallon, may start with 700 gs and see how that goes. I'm thinking it will take a lot of hash to clog up the whole screen area and I will be using 6 of my 5 gallon bags, not all 8.........anyways I'll try to take pics and post the results!

Also, with the drain i plan to install in the 20 gallon bucket, if they do get clogged I'll just stop the flow, scrape, and put the 5 gallon bags back in place.

I'll let y'all know what happens!

HumboldtSmoka420
10-03-2010, 06:26 AM
So um yea it looks like it worked! My yield looks to be about 4 times what I got when using a 5 gallon work bag! I put a water hose valve on my 20 gallon bucket and drain it into my 5 gallon bags with the bottom cut out of the bucket on top of another bucket! This is awesome!

ropesheads
10-03-2010, 04:36 PM
So I acquired a 20 gallon work bag and am wondering if I could just use this work bag and a 20 gallon bucket to mix and then just pour the water through my 5 gallon set in a bucket with the bottom cut out to drain into another bucket underneath...........I am thinking of putting a drain with a hose on the 20 gallon bucket to drain into the bags.
Does this sound like it will work to y'all?
Thank you in advance, peace!yeah it will work..never mix up in your tough bag it will last long..dont get rid of your water too soon let it settle for a few days then sypon off..gravity will pull you down and 20 gall
sounds hard work..oh if your young and fit good luck..and well done.

HumboldtSmoka420
10-03-2010, 10:06 PM
No need to ever pull 220 bag now, I have a water hose valve on the bottom of the 32 gallon trash can ;)

Hash_Dro
12-23-2010, 11:24 PM
Heya Man I like what ya did and I am actually working on the same set up myself, I use a 20 gallon trash can though.

I wanted too ask what water hose valve did you use and how did you get it too seal well and handle the water pressure.

HumboldtSmoka420
12-23-2010, 11:33 PM
Heya Man I like what ya did and I am actually working on the same set up myself, I use a 20 gallon trash can though.

I wanted too ask what water hose valve did you use and how did you get it too seal well and handle the water pressure.

I think it was normal hose size, but one that had threads on the back. Silicone sealant should seal it up nicely or some kind of caulking? As long as its waterproof...........also use rubber washers

Hash_Dro
12-24-2010, 12:09 AM
Headed to Ace right now haha thanks man.

HumboldtSmoka420
12-24-2010, 03:29 AM
Also, helps to find some kind of hand water pump with hoses on intake and exhaust so when it stops dripping you can unscrew the hose attachment and slide the intake hose in the hole and start pumping! Also, remember trichomes sink so if the bag is still too heavy to pull, skim a little water off the top until the bag is light enough to pull :D

Green Supreme
12-24-2010, 04:45 PM
If you slowly sift the bag back and forth it easily rises to the top. No forced pull necessary. Peace GS

HumboldtSmoka420
12-24-2010, 05:23 PM
If you slowly sift the bag back and forth it easily rises to the top. No forced pull necessary. Peace GS

Tell that to the 25u bag :D

Green Supreme
12-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Try first, talk after. That was specifically the bag I meant. Peace GS

HumboldtSmoka420
12-24-2010, 05:55 PM
Try first, talk after. That was specifically the bag I meant. Peace GS

Im not sure how you do what you are suggesting. Most of the time I can barely pick up the 25u bag so how could I gently sift it back and forth? :D
Have a vid?

Green Supreme
12-24-2010, 06:08 PM
Ya the idea is to not get the weight of the water forcing on the pores of the silk screen. Grab the bag on opposite sides pull one side lightly then the next build a slow back and forth. Each time the bag rises higher, till it reaches the surface. By this point there is barely any weight left from the water. I have seen this method successful many times, but prefer the jerk and pull myself. It is a little quicker, although it forces pores to enlarge and allow larger material through. Good luck. Peace GS

HumboldtSmoka420
12-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Ya the idea is to not get the weight of the water forcing on the pores of the silk screen. Grab the bag on opposite sides pull one side lightly then the next build a slow back and forth. Each time the bag rises higher, till it reaches the surface. By this point there is barely any weight left from the water. I have seen this method successful many times, but prefer the jerk and pull myself. It is a little quicker, although it forces pores to enlarge and allow larger material through. Good luck. Peace GS

Cool, next time I'll have to try that! I hope it works because if not, the 25u bag may be the death of me :p
I've been using jerk and pull also but damn! C'mon Bubbleman, where's that PulleyNow? LOL