View Full Version : Cali says no

Green Supreme
11-03-2010, 05:12 AM
http://elections.cbslocal.com/cbs/kpix/20101102//race113.shtml

Peace GS

Kif it Kunta
11-03-2010, 05:44 AM
I'm totally gutted!

I knew it wasn't favored to pass, but I kept up hope.....it's a sad, sad day for every smoker and grower in the World.

but I guess gangsters, the uniformed, the uninformed and big Pharma will be celebrating like Charlie Sheen.

and now the control freaks will feel empowered....hey Cali, look forward to a lot less pot freedom in your State, you had your chance to change and now here comes the dark ages.

bubblecrack
11-03-2010, 05:46 AM
I'm content with mmj. Maybe Cali felt the same way.

Kif it Kunta
11-03-2010, 06:16 AM
do you really expect your mmj will be left alone now?

that's not how it works, now they are flushed with victory, expect a boot or two in the head while we are down .....or in other words expect a different official attitude towards mmj and mj in general in Cali.

Razz
11-03-2010, 07:07 AM
i'm glad prop 19 died....here's why!........

http://no-on19.com/Comparison.htm

Kif it Kunta
11-03-2010, 08:06 AM
The War on Pot runs in cycles of oppression for small time growers and smokers. The late 60's and 70's were relatively free and easy, though the first Proposition to legalize cannabis back then didn't pass either. Then came Raygun's oppressive war on drugs, heavier penalties etc. Later with the internet came a big increase in personal use growers, MMJ was passed and pot was a lot freer than in the previous cycle.

I think loss of Prop 19 will later be seen as beginning of the end of the cannabis freedoms we currently enjoy, the end of that cycle and the beginning of a new and sadly, a more oppressive one. If other cycles point to what might happen in the future I expect a 10 ~15 years period of oppression against those who do no one any harm but happen to enjoy cannabis and cannabis growing. I wonder how it will take before State wide monthly THC tests for all students while loudspeakers scream "JUST SAY NO" 24/7. i hope i'm wrong

kiefcake
11-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Prop 19 actually took away a lot of the freedoms with cannabis the citizens of california already enjoy...it also does not completely legalize herb..it legalizes one ounce of herb which already isn't an arrestable offense in this state..also the whole property can only have a 5x5 garden...can you grow enough bud for yourself out of a 5x5? I know that I smoke so much that the couple pounds a 5x5 will give wont last me very long especially if i'm sharing etc.,....

In such a progressive state as California (the first to pass medical) ..you don't think a bill to completely legalize pot and tax it would pass if it was written well? I do...I just think Prop 19 wasn't that bill...

fuzzdog
11-04-2010, 02:37 AM
"In such a progressive state as California (the first to pass medical) ..you don't think a bill to completely legalize pot and tax it would pass if it was written well? I do...I just think Prop 19 wasn't that bill..."

I think Kiefcake sezs it all right there. It didn't pass, and california is still the spot. When it does happen (legalize), I really feel it will be in california first.

It may have been the 5X5 grow reduction that killed it for alot of people.

KONY
11-04-2010, 12:59 PM
i'm glad prop 19 died....here's why!........

http://no-on19.com/Comparison.htm

LMAO.... multiple people in here justifying reasons why prop 19 shouldnt pass, cause they think it would affect their medical grows? 5x5 grow in the whole house for people WITHOUT cards. You people already have cards.... had nothing to do with you....

WTF are u talking about a grow reduction? Where did it say anywhere this law would include medical patients?

Razz
11-04-2010, 03:15 PM
that link was sent to me by dennis peron himself, the founding father of prop 215.

salad931
11-04-2010, 04:02 PM
"Put drug dealers out of business ?

Those unsavory characters do just that: deal DRUGS. As well as marijuana. If pot becomes less profitable to them, they will obviously continue to sell their other drugs. Which are the real problem."

subjective answers like that normally make me not wanna take those kind of articles seriously i dono....sounds like someone just got high and wanted to hate on prop 19 without any real evidence

i suppose all the weed growers are gonna turn around and start growing coke now too

JamesDean
11-04-2010, 11:20 PM
The War on Pot runs in cycles of oppression for small time growers and smokers. The late 60's and 70's were relatively free and easy, though the first Proposition to legalize cannabis back then didn't pass either. Then came Raygun's oppressive war on drugs, heavier penalties etc. Later with the internet came a big increase in personal use growers, MMJ was passed and pot was a lot freer than in the previous cycle.

I think loss of Prop 19 will later be seen as beginning of the end of the cannabis freedoms we currently enjoy, the end of that cycle and the beginning of a new and sadly, a more oppressive one. If other cycles point to what might happen in the future I expect a 10 ~15 years period of oppression against those who do no one any harm but happen to enjoy cannabis and cannabis growing. I wonder how it will take before State wide monthly THC tests for all students while loudspeakers scream "JUST SAY NO" 24/7. i hope i'm wrong

While you do have a convincing timeline to suggest a cycle, I prefer to think of it like waves gradually lapping their way up a beach towards high tide. Sure, the water might recede a bit, but the next wave surpasses the last.

To put it less eloquently: The younger generations carry with them a very 'realistic' view of Marijuana. They are beginning to understand the plant and reject the propaganda that has been associated with it for so long. As the more 'confused' generations and their archaic views go the way of the dino, the attitude towards Marijuana will continue to grow more positive.

Perhaps I'm just being hopelessly optimistic...

--JD