PDA

View Full Version : Taste (terpenes): how can I maximize its presence; and cloud seeding's influence.

Öpik Oort Outstrip
11-03-2010, 06:05 PM
This thread regards taste (terpenes) of cannabis, and conditions to facilitate it!

A question to open with considers: how one can make use of an HPS while getting the most out of their cannabis in regards to taste?

I started smoking during my late teens—barely over six years. I started heavy, as well, quickly introduced to especially good commercial cannabis. In addition to the aforementioned, connections to mountain-style outdoorsmen/women to powerful hashish was quick, too. So I immediately knew that taste was VERY important, though still never ignoring potency.

I started cultivating 2 years ago, but I still haven’t been able to get that same taste (I know it needs to be the same strain but I have no idea what the strain was called.)

Of course I didn’t realize all the while that outdoor is most definitely going to taste better because of the UV rays (high mountains of Afghanistan/India)!

While searching terpenes contained by coniferous organisms, I discovered cloud seeding. Certain types of resin producing plants release terpenes into the air (as most of you know) as a form of weather modification. So a lot of what you smell in a forest is undetectable terpene oil entering the nostrils.

I came across some OG Kush that was fresh out of the mountain air, and out from under the bright Sun. Grown fully-organic and surrounded by Coniferous trees. I still have half a gram of all 3 in a jar. Every time I open it up, I get an overpowering smell of the forest—for real, too.

Then a light as bright as the Sun came on!

Cloud seeding has a vast influence on taste in cannabis smoke, and ultraviolet rays make terpene assembly effortless!

I also have one other element to this:
A Bubba Kush grown indoor/even-flow was going around. Very dense buds, and resin-coated! Just so happens these are grown EXTREMELY close to the HPS lens—so they obviously get as many lumens as possible. The problem was this: it tasted very similar to the OG Kush I tried from the outdoor, but not nearly as dominant.

How can I get the most taste out of my cannabis grown under 1000w HPS?

Thank you, and I’m sorry for this long and stretched out topic.

bagseed77
11-05-2010, 05:31 PM
organic soil works for me ,

Green Supreme
11-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Closer to lights means hotter. Hotter means more terps evaporate. More evaporated terps means less taste and smell. Good luck. Peace GS

pineappaloupe
02-20-2011, 06:56 AM
This is just a comment on the 'cloud seeding' aspect of the post.
Cloud seeding is not that common, and usually happens in the wet months (on the west coast at least) when there is moisture coming in off of the pacific. Most cloud seeding programs are well known and documented, running under strict conditions that would not potentially lead to flooding.
If anything, cloud seeding would not change UV exposure. The aim of it is not to make rain or clouds, just enhance the weather that is already happening.
If you know the exact location of where those plant were grown you could find out if they were subject to cloud seeding, all of the cloud seeding project have maps of the stations and area of airplane flying, and the geographical area that the cloud seeding is designed to impact. And in most cases they can trace the effect of the cloud seeding my measuring for traces of silver or iodine from the seeding devices.
I am not an expert on cloud seeding, but i do get email alerts every time the Desert Research Institute fires up their cloud seeding operations. Which is something I asked for.

smartcalyx
05-21-2012, 06:20 PM
start using dual spectrum. get some blues in there. a couple of 150 mhs on both sides will boost resin production too