PDA

View Full Version : Measuring the Temp. of Ice Water

Psuper
11-15-2010, 07:43 PM
To 5°C (41°F) specifically.

Is anyone else bothering to measure and adjust temperature of the ice water before a run?

I haven't done this as of yet in any run, and the other few medical growers I know don't measure the temperature before running their material through. However Iam going to start at least looking at the temperature with a fairly accurate thermometer during the collection of the next batch of hashish.

:bong1:

I'd love to hear of anyone's experience.

Bubbleman
11-15-2010, 08:05 PM
I like to let the material sit in the icy water mixture.. for a solid 10 minutes.. mixing every so often to get the ice moving around... you can know that by ten minutes into sitting in icy water.. you will be sitting around 5celcius.. i use to use a thermometer but found that ten minutes in ice and nice cold water.. leaves me where i want to be temperature wise.. no need for cold water sleeves or a walk in freezer.. that ice does the trick

peace
Bubble man

Evergreen
11-16-2010, 05:00 PM
I agree with Bman

Psuper
11-17-2010, 05:16 AM
I like to let the material sit in the icy water mixture.. for a solid 10 minutes.. mixing every so often to get the ice moving around... you can know that by ten minutes into sitting in icy water.. you will be sitting around 5celcius.. i use to use a thermometer but found that ten minutes in ice and nice cold water.. leaves me where i want to be temperature wise.. no need for cold water sleeves or a walk in freezer.. that ice does the trick

peace
Bubble man

Just the kind of experience I was looking for, thanks so much for sharing your knowledge on the topic.

I've done succesful runs but am always looking to improve and this was one thing I've been wondering about recently- I really appreciate the input from both of you guys. I know all the other members/readers here do as well.