PDA

View Full Version : super sticky won't dry

tonkatsu
07-04-2008, 09:43 PM
hey all, i'm new here, but i know this is the place for me to get good info. i have a problem similar to JP's( a few threads down).i've made bubble about 10 times. i love it!! my problem is that when i use the pressing screen, alot of the product ends up stuck to the screen. this has happened to me the last 3 times.(different strain, og x bubba). i've resorted to taking my wet piles, lay them out on glass to dry(couple days) then putting in the freezer to make it hard. even when i pull it out of the freezer to smoke, i have to work quick or it will get soft and stick to everything. it never gets hard enough to press. or maybe it is? i'm afraid if i try pressing it in my press, i'll lose alot in the press and make a big ol' mess out of it. any help would be greatly appreciated. i'm real happy about the taste and potency, if i could figure this out, this would be some fine-ass,full-melt bubble!! thanx y'all!!http://boards.cannabis.com/images/smilies/cool.gifthese are the only pics i have. these are after 2 days of drying on glass and frozen for an hour or so. wish itook some pics while pulling the last batch.:(

tonkatsu
07-04-2008, 09:51 PM
oops!!! here's the pics:

FtW
07-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Sure looks like ooey gooey goodness. I haven't really made anything that sticky in a while, but when I had decent amounts I'd pull it out of the bags onto the pressing screen, press lightly then into the freezer. Once hard in the freezer I'd pull it out quick right into the coffee grinder, blast it & spread it on glass as fast as possible. But had to be fair amounts of bubble or it would get soft too quick, & i always left some behind stuck in the grinder.

YukonBikerGuy
07-04-2008, 10:52 PM
I know the name is misleading.... but don't press the wet hash in the pressing screen. Instead, lets call it the dabbing screen. Put the wet hash goo blob from the bag on the dabbing screen, gently fold the dabbing screen over the wet hash blob, gently enclose the folded blob in some folded up paper towel and just let the water wick out thru the dabbing screen, and keep moving the paper towel(s) around untill most of the moisture is wicked out. Then take the still wet blob of hash off the dabbing screen, not much should have stuck to it as next to no pressure was used (right?), and the big wet blob should pick up stray bits easily just by plopping it on them gently. Then take yer hash blob to the cardboard, and while still wet, use a knife or somesuch to 'chop' up the blob. It should kind of be like chopping up wet sand if you've left enough moisture in it. Chop as fine as you can and spread it out on the cardboard. Over a few days the air will dry your hash powder some (put it in a safe spot), but the cardboard will actually wick out most of the moisture. The powdered hash is easier to deal with and smoke in the end anyway, and pressing bruises the precious collection. If you must press it, wait untill the powder is fully dry, then press that. Some grades of some strains will still be sticky chopping it up, but the trick is leaving enuff water in the patties to get them to chop up. Hope this helps some. :)

SemperAltus
07-04-2008, 11:31 PM
I know the name is misleading.... but don't press the wet hash in the pressing screen. Instead, lets call it the dabbing screen. Put the wet hash goo blob from the bag on the dabbing screen, gently fold the dabbing screen over the wet hash blob, gently enclose the folded blob in some folded up paper towel and just let the water wick out thru the dabbing screen, and keep moving the paper towel(s) around untill most of the moisture is wicked out. Then take the still wet blob of hash off the dabbing screen, not much should have stuck to it as next to no pressure was used (right?), and the big wet blob should pick up stray bits easily just by plopping it on them gently. Then take yer hash blob to the cardboard, and while still wet, use a knife or somesuch to 'chop' up the blob. It should kind of be like chopping up wet sand if you've left enough moisture in it. Chop as fine as you can and spread it out on the cardboard. Over a few days the air will dry your hash powder some (put it in a safe spot), but the cardboard will actually wick out most of the moisture. The powdered hash is easier to deal with and smoke in the end anyway, and pressing bruises the precious collection. If you must press it, wait untill the powder is fully dry, then press that. Some grades of some strains will still be sticky chopping it up, but the trick is leaving enuff water in the patties to get them to chop up. Hope this helps some. :)

nice info ybg, seems like we really need to rename that pressing screen haha

tonkatsu
07-04-2008, 11:51 PM
thanks,FTW andYBG!! i think next batch i'm going to try the dabbing screen technique. that's great info. and by the way it is ooey gooey goodness! the pic in my avatar is the og x bubba it comes from. once again thanks.

smokiyee
01-19-2009, 03:05 AM
Yes, Yukon is right, don't press the hash with the screen, it's overkill. I do the same as yukon, lightly dab the screen over the hash patty, fold a towel over it, by the time im done with all the bags, the hash is ready to be put on cardboard to chop and dry. Keep us posteD!! :pipe: