PDA

View Full Version : Organic vs. Non-organic Hydro

salad931
11-29-2010, 08:04 PM
starting to save for a small closet grow, aiming towards starting an organic setup but got several friends doing non organic. as much as i care bout organic produce and what not, no one wants to be the friend yielding a lesser product with the same genes because of the setup.

so...just wanted to know if any of you had seen differences in the organic vs non organic yield

Delta 9
05-16-2011, 01:58 PM
Organic or close to organic as you can get is best.
Using synthetic Foods Does Yield bigger and faster, for a small nonprofit grow always use Organic. Huge difference in the Quality in my Opinion. I also feel Organic food is more forgiving, it all Boils Down to * Quality or Quantity . What ever you Decide remember.
*** Good Flushing is the Key to a Good Taste.***

Green Supreme
05-16-2011, 04:07 PM
I have actually found the opposite. Organics, because they are mixed into the soil are harder to flush and harder to correct when it goes wrong. Unlike organic growers, I will tell you the finished product can be excellent from both, if the grower knows what he is doing. Good luck. Peace GS

ps. I have organic friends that yield very well

dontstepongrass
05-16-2011, 04:43 PM
i use liquid organic ferts...

biobizz does a real nice job for me... no soil amending, just promix with some lime added to it and maybe some extra perlite...

peas

Green Supreme
05-16-2011, 04:53 PM
What do you use to adjust pH? Peace GS

Delta 9
05-16-2011, 05:39 PM
I Believe he was in :watchplant: Hydro not Soil.
I'm an Organic Man " INDOOR" myself, but through trial and error, it has been my experience, that the Commercial Synthetic Brands Yield Larger in a shorter time but Require "Much much" more flushing. This is all done at the expense, of Taste and Clean Burning. The synthetic's tend to Cost more and are more readily used in Commercial OP's . This does not mean there better or worse. You can produce Great Yields with both...... and the Organics are much easer for the Plant to Convert and up Take.
At proper PH:stoned:

Green Supreme
05-16-2011, 05:53 PM
I spend about $30/year on nutes buying chemies. I mix my own. As with any food regimen, if it is applied properly there is no "More" flushing. Especially where soil ammendments are concerned. I have smoked way more clean burning chemically grown herbs than organics. Peace GS

ps. pretty sure the plant if given both organics and chemy nutes, it won't choose one over the other

Delta 9
05-17-2011, 04:58 AM
I have heard of People Flushing for only 2 Day and I myself, Flush for 7 Days. I have never heard of "No more" Flushing.There are Many Reasons for Flushing.
:pipe: Flushing : you are Playing Mother Nature. This is why it typically Rains more in the fall. Flushing also tells unfertilized Plants that the Life Cycle is coming to a end. This increases resign production in must strains, as the females attempt to Catch more Pollen by Producing the Sticky stuff we Love.:)
Both Soil or Water will Leave a taste in your Plants, if not Flushed... I.E. " Dirt Weed" Or Cannabis that Hurts your Lungs when you smoke it or grey ash when it should be COTTON white. You are not only removing built up Organic and inorganic material. but the MIRO and MACRO elements or your Medium.
your Plant has Grown to be " you are what you eat " and all food Organic, synthetic will leave a taste in your Plant if Not removed. It might still taste good but there is Great.
These deposits in the Stems and Flowers Dry with the rest of the Plant and are incorperated in the end Product.
Although some may not flush, or flush enough. Purity can only be achived through flushing and No other Means...
HOW TO TELL THERE FLUSHED :
Break off a none important part of stem close to top "Leafs close to stalk work good" And Suck on it... It should have no taste. no bitter or sour taste.
Try tasting while in full Flower and then after you Flush... You will definitely see the difference.. " I'LL Have Mine Flushed Thank You":)
http://www.cannabisculture.com/v2/articles/16.html

Green Supreme
05-17-2011, 04:22 PM
I run pure water with no additives for the last 3 weeks of flower in indicas and 5 weeks for sativas. We can puff the herbs at 4 days hanging and it tastes great, as there are no nutes left in the plant. Hence the organic "cure" time is not necessary before puffing, Peace GS

SmokinErb
07-07-2011, 05:08 PM
I wasn't aware that flushing organics was necessary or even possible unless you're feeding with ACT or something.

This interests me because I'm trying out an organic grow this time around. Nearly time to transplant to 5 gallon grow bags and flip to 12/12. It seems to me that the most realistic way to "flush" an organic soil mixture is to actually let it dry out?

CalcioErba2004
07-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Well you can try to flush organic soil but you are pissin in the wind. In the end it all depends on what your needs are. I grow indoor, organic as possible, in soil. Yield doesn't mean anything to me, quality and taste are my main concerns. Yes I am that friend that has the smallest buds from the same genetics but some reason, mine smell stronger, taste is stronger and they are just as pretty as their hydro counterparts.

I water with RO water from beginning to end. Everything else is mixed in the soil. I may use tap water once or twice to bump cal-mag but thats about it. Now what I do is dry them out big time. Last 3 weeks of life they don't get water.

SmokinErb
07-07-2011, 05:26 PM
That's what makes the most sense to me, Erba. If the plants can't drink, they can't feed. Who cares if they wilt really badly, or whatever, you're going to chop 'em down anyway.

kerlito
10-25-2011, 10:07 AM
any one used iguana from avanced , for organic hydro grow ?

that work ok?

u can use it with out enzymes?

BioMaster
11-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Iguana is ok if you like paying a little more for inferior products.....

Flushing is such a myth it amazes me! I guess when more growers understand plant biology they will realize that flushing is a joke really. The way to flush the plant is in the cure. The longer the cure time, the more "flushed" your plants will be. Years and years of testing has shown this very clearly. No need to brutalize your pretty plants for the last weeks of its life by either not feeding or watering it......I will be glad when the growing community learns about flushing and curing.........

As far as whats better, I think people also need to learn what organic even means. The best environment would be a combination of both organic material, and also mineral based. I think if more growers also understood organics and what that REALLY means they would be SHOCKED!!

And enzymes are a production of bacteria. The bacteria that MUST break down your organic parts before they are even available to the plant will create the enzymes as a by product. It is very clear to me that anyone asking if they should use enzymes or not does not understand organics at all. No offense kerlito.

Peace!

kerlito
11-01-2011, 02:20 PM
i´,M NOT OFFENSE MATE are u italian?

ok

i learn from here , from one guy , i love his dick "huslteandgrow" rez, tom and all of their, keep it simple.

never hear of mix both organic and mineral, i did becose i always tring to do thing , but my experiment always changing , kerlito got a shitty experimented weed.

i don´t want to teach u nothing i like your words for first entry , welcom to this forum , and be carefull if u see any italian for here , their are ones motherfucker , but all of then, the only one not is Rossi. In the world still people long stupid can belive my words when i say it. Their have to be younger for sure
enjoy the life

BioMaster
01-19-2012, 02:41 PM
ROFL @ Kerlito!

Thank you for the welcome bro and making me laugh so hard I almost choked! No, I am not Italian , part german and part french? Thanks for the warning though...:)

Most formula's today are a mix of organic and non organic parts like Botanicare's Pure Blend Pro line for example. I think the term they use now is "Bio-Organic" or something similar.

Cheers!

Jan harvey
09-24-2014, 06:13 PM
Before some years ago LED Grow Lights are not have good result but from last year HP4S Grow lights inproved and made powerful grow lights to produce better results when cultivating cannabis.

For those interested in getting cannabis grow lights for the first time, you're trying to choose the best marijuana grow light for your setup and needs. if you plan to growing marijuana outdoors, the sun is generally all the light you need to grow your own weed. When growing outdoors, your marijuana needs to grow in a sunny spot.

Cannabis plants cannot grow without light. Marijuana lighting is one of the most basic needs of all cannabis plants. Horticultural lighting systems allow you to growing your cannabis plants indoor which is equivalent to sunlight. They grow faster in these kind of hps (http://highpower4s.com/products/) lighting as there is no night always feel like sun.

HP4s is providing specific light required by marijuana for growing plants. If there is insufficient light in the grow room, the cannabis plants will often grow tall and thin. Cannabis plants require less than twelve hours of light per day.

High Power 4s offers full support to our clients to ensure their grows are the most productive with reducing extra costs of electricity and other expenses. Contact us via Phone or email for the more details or you can visit our website.