PDA

View Full Version : Clear dome bubble thread

Clear_Dome
12-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Hi all,
I just thought about doing my own bubble thread so I could keep and share my data with you on how I do my water / ice extraction . I have done a lot of water extraction in the past cause it always been my favorite way extract the thc (the cleanest way of all for sure). I always felt like there was so many factors that could affect the final result so I decided to find the perfect method (for me) to alway achieve the best result that I can get from the starting material . Also note that I'm not a grower so I dont have always acces to top noch perfect starting material like so of you have , most of the time I'm working with what I find around ;) .During the time that I have done water hash I have learn some good tip (many of them are already on the site) like :

-you wont get some super bomb from some weeds grown by an idot who dont know how to grow / stock /dry his weed properly .

-you will get better hash from fresh fluffy deep frozen starting material like popcorn bud / trim / bud hand split in small pieces , big leafs are mostly wast of time .

-you will yeild more by using cured deep frozen material but the quality seem to be lower than using fresh frozen material.

-using bone dry years old leafs & trim unfrozen will almost always result in to dry sandy shitty hash so dont be to much optist when you start with shit you will probably end up with shit.

-keeping the whole mixture always under 4C or 39F is important so dont be cheap on ice . Home made ice seem to last longer and seem less abrasif so I feel like it do a better job than comercial ice . For doing a lot of ice what I did is I bought some 20 ice tray from the dollar store and start doing ice some days befor I know I will run a batch of bubble , you will be suprise of the qqty of ice you can make in only few days .

-being gentle FROM THE BEGINING with your starting material is super important , that mean to almost never touch the plant with bare hand even when you trim ,do not compress the starting material before freezing it , do not blend/paint mix your mixture if you really want the first grade extract ,mix with a wood spoon . Do not press / compact the patty UNTIL IT IS FULLY DRY .when I was starting to do bubble hash most of the times I was ending with some sandy hash so I was not waiting for it to be dry and I was rolling it full of humidy and ending with some moldy hash , there is no magic , if your hash dont stick together than you are doing something wrong or your starting material was to dry .

-curing the fully dry bubble hash during at least 2 week in a air tight glass jar in a dark cold place is a must !

-it is better to do more short mixing runs (under 10 minutes) and adding ice between each run (to keep the water at 4C ) than doing 15-20-30minutes run with only lil ice , if you do a long mixing run without adding ice and screening the water for too long I feel like you will only broke the leafs/trims and mash trichromes what will end to a greeny and less sticky extract .keeping the trichromes in good shape seem to be a key in the prosess .

that was my conclusion till now . but thing will change cause my new bubbler now is on the way :snake: with a brand new kit of 8 bag :beaver: . I dont know much about the bubble now (exept what I found on the net) so I have some question about it . here is what I'm planning to do (please if you have any good thing to say please do :) )

1: put 3 gallon of cold water in the bubble now , put my 220 micron poutch in the bubblenow than fill it with half fresh frozen trims and half of home made ice cubes and close the poutch . ***should I add more ice on top of the bag ?***

2: mix the first run for 3 to 6 minutes , run it through the bags , rince with 1 gallon of water ,add more ice , add 3 more gallon of water and re start the bubble now and other run of 6 minutes .

3:during the times that the bubble now re-mix , I lift my bag , put the bubble on a piece of cardboard and cut it in powder to let it fully dry .

4:repeat until I got no more bubble in my bag or until the shit start to be greenish

is there something else I shoud know about the bubble now ? also can I extract ALL the trichome with the bubble now or I still should keep the plant material and re-mix it with the hand mixer to remove all the good from the plant ? so this way I could have all the full melt from the bubble now and all the rest of the crap from the hand mixer so I could keep it for friends ?

I should post more pix of my next run

Peace

HumboldtSmoka420
12-02-2010, 05:10 AM
Very nice thread, lots of info in there! So all hash needs to cure a couple weeks to be best? What about hash made from older, dry trim?
Thanks man!

herbalist
12-02-2010, 07:29 AM
thanks & praises for your thread very informative. peace
:bong1:

Clear_Dome
12-08-2010, 02:12 PM
ha ! I got my bubblenow machin and bags on monday , I run 2 batch of 350g fresh frozen fine trim and leafs (total run 700g) , I wish i could have remove then big leaf but I recieve it already frozen ,the trim has not been process in any way , it was cut from the plant and put to the freezer (for about 2 week) I did'nt re cut it in smaller pieces, I just took it from the freezer , put a layer of ice , a layer of trim , a layer of ice ect ...than close the bag , fill the bubblenow with ice until it is under the bubble now sticker and fill with water until all the ice is soaked up , so I have use a tones of ice and I would say 2-3gallon max of water per run .

the mixing time for the first run was 6 min than 6 min and an other 6 min (3 run for the first batch ) , the hash from the first 6 min is so fucking good , everything under 120 is fullmelting (the 73 is really colosal LOL) and the 120 is realy bubbly but not fullfullmelt . I also notice that I got a lot less 220-190-160 than when I was mixing without the bubblenow (back in the days :) ) . at the second run the hash was already starting to be lil greener (but still really sticky) and the third 6min run was too green for me but still sticky and bubbly .

For the second batch I have try a shorter first run to see if 3 minutes was better than six . so the first run was really clean , almost white and transparent under the light ,everyting under 120 is fullmelt and the 120 is still super bubbly . about the same for the second 3 minut run , the thirth run of 3 minuts was starting to be greenish but still super melty and sticky .at the end we did mix during 15 minut to see if we can get more but the final product was green so I figured that we got it all .

my observation are that the first run from the first batch was the biggest fullmelt yeild ,it's hard to say if I got much more than with the 2 combinat run from the second batch cause I have a crappy scall (only 0.0 not 0.00) but it look about the same even under the microscope (100x) so 6min run is +- = to 2x 3min run BUT the second run from the first batch was more green than the 3th run of my second batch so the magic seem to happen within the first 9min of mixing (in the 2 batch). so I end up with about 6-7 grams of fullmelt bubble hash and maybe and other 10 grams of smokable bubbly hash but not fullmelt cleardome . so we got 1% of the freakiest stuff I have ever smoke and about 2-3% of full return (in quebec it's hard to get some good hash ,most of the hash maker are old studid guys who ''think'' they know the secret to make good hash ...like mixing nafta oil with leaf floor...miam miam ...that's pretty fun cause those guys wont even lesson to me when I talk about hash so anyway ) .So finaly i'm lil desapointed of my yeild but I'm more than blown away with the quality of the hash :D i will smoke it all for sure ...but I feel like with some more test I might get a better yeild .

I would like to thanks bubbleman for the really awesome quality of his bags ! for real I have bought 3 kit yet , the Icebag (200$ for 5bags kit) ,the Payloads bags (300-350ish shipped for 9 bags kit) , and I end up with the bubblebags (330 for 8bags kit but I paid cheaper as it was in kit with the bubblenow machin) and the bubble bags are simply better than all the others . the reason why I love them so much is because of the seam between the screens and cloth is simply better made , the payload have so many seam and a lot of hash get stock in there and with times it slowly clog the screen . evevry thing is better made on the bubblebag and trust me , I really feel like the water dain at least as fast (or maybe faster) in the bubble bags than in the paylaod bags (even with the side screens) . the only weak point on the bubble bags kit is the poutch made of hairy cloth , I feel like it can leave some fibers/hairs on the bag and those will end up it the hash ( but I also understand that this poutch can breath what is good to keep the bag dry) .And also the bubble now is leaking from under the lid (not a big deal tho , I'll fix it later). so I will never step bag , a 500$ is not a lot of money when you see the quality of the extract that make (and will make :) ) .

I also found a trick to keep my bag SUPER CLEAN . when I drain them right after I remove the extract I flip the bag inside out and shake it a lot in a cold water 5 gal buket and put them away . once I have clean my 25u bag I just run all the water from the 5 gal bucket in the 25 once again to get it all , I really feel like it is an easy step that will help me to keep my bag like new (and fast draining ) cause even if you just put your bag away for few minuts is enough for the gummy stuff to dry and stick to the bags and with times clog it .

once again sorry for my shity english , I talk french so .. I still hope that help

Clear_Dome
12-08-2010, 02:38 PM
3 more things

- am I stupid to thing that a first 6 min run + a second 3 min run might yeild more good stuff and less crap ? most of people are doing more like 3 min first run and 15 second run ? but I feel like a lot of good stuff will be mix with crap in the second 15 min run no ?

-I kept all the trims/leaf and make it dry , I will run it into bho (I know , I know) not to get 100% of the green but I just want to see how many grams I will extract , cause I wonder what % of thc I have extract with water on the total weith of thc.I will let you know the result.

-I have notice that by using super fresh frozen trim my water is SO clean , during all the process the water stay the color of a lite pee ,after we beat it 15 min it was a lil greenish but not brown or army green as usual with dry trim .

today I'll do some blue cheese / Sour lemon run grown from the best grower I have ever met ,the result will be freaky for sure :D , I will try to take more pix , my camera is alway out of battery ( this cam suck the juice from them so fast) and I'll keep some melty stuff for maybe a short video of clear doming :D

one more thing :
I have the chance to look at a lot of different strain everyday (as my job is blowing glass :P ) with my michroscope and I notice that some strain look super frosty but when I look at them from close (100x) there is not much trichrome , much more horn shapred clear hair and some strain are only trichrome , no horn ? to me that seem to mean that If I run a strain with only horn and few trichrome I will end up with blonde hash not melty (and less potent) and If I run a strain with only trichrome and no horn I will end up with some super fullmelt ? does that make any sence ? so working super hard with all the good tips of the world on some ''horny'' bud and trying to make fullmelt out of it is waisting time or the bags will help to split the horn and the bubble ? I should use more my michroscope , it seem like a prediction tool for the final result .
Peace

Solar Errll Bowler
02-15-2011, 09:26 AM
Very nice thread, lots of info in there! So all hash needs to cure a couple weeks to be best? What about hash made from older, dry trim?
Thanks man!
Also like to add If it is dry but still good wouldn't I be better off just making errll?

Green Supreme
02-15-2011, 04:29 PM
You would be, yes. Peace GS