PDA

View Full Version : Bubblenow XL and Fresh Headies

Stokes
12-24-2010, 12:39 AM
I just wanted to say thank you so much to bubbleman and his Fresh Headies team. I have never, ever, received customer service to this level. It completely surpased my expectations.

Not did they only help me out with my condition, but they sent me a brand new machine when I saw the first one I received was cracked and pushed in. The machine still ran fine, but due to the damages, they had no problem sending me a new machine. That was awesome because who knows how long that would've lasted.

Besides the great customer service I recieved, I was blown away by the quality of the bubble bags. I used to use Sprung bags and they don't even compare. The quality of silk screen used is hands down, way better. Not only that, it was a blast watching the machine do it's work, while I got to sit down and toke a bowl ;).

Should I ever need any bubble product, I will always return to freshheadies.com because of the outstanding service I received. Thank you once again.

Now that I've gotten my thank you out there, what are the run times everyone uses for the XL. I experimented with a short 8 min, then 10, then 15. The next run I did, 10 min, 10 min, and then 15 min. All runs seemed to have more hash leftover. After draining the third run, I left the material and all the ice in over night, hoping it would melt and I could drain the remaining water for any left overs. Well this morning, I still had a bunch of ice and a bunch of hash on the bottom of my XL. So obviously, I'm not pulling enough off my runs. I would also like to know how much ice is preferred per run. I ran 800 grams like Bman said. Other than that, I could use any tips you guys have to offer on this machine.

P.S. The hash made looks chronic!

HumboldtSmoka420
12-24-2010, 03:17 AM
I just wanted to say thank you so much to bubbleman and his Fresh Headies team. I have never, ever, received customer service to this level. It completely surpased my expectations.

Not did they only help me out with my condition, but they sent me a brand new machine when I saw the first one I received was cracked and pushed in. The machine still ran fine, but due to the damages, they had no problem sending me a new machine. That was awesome because who knows how long that would've lasted.

Besides the great customer service I recieved, I was blown away by the quality of the bubble bags. I used to use Sprung bags and they don't even compare. The quality of silk screen used is hands down, way better. Not only that, it was a blast watching the machine do it's work, while I got to sit down and toke a bowl ;).

Should I ever need any bubble product, I will always return to freshheadies.com because of the outstanding service I received. Thank you once again.

Now that I've gotten my thank you out there, what are the run times everyone uses for the XL. I experimented with a short 8 min, then 10, then 15. The next run I did, 10 min, 10 min, and then 15 min. All runs seemed to have more hash leftover. After draining the third run, I left the material and all the ice in over night, hoping it would melt and I could drain the remaining water for any left overs. Well this morning, I still had a bunch of ice and a bunch of hash on the bottom of my XL. So obviously, I'm not pulling enough off my runs. I would also like to know how much ice is preferred per run. I ran 800 grams like Bman said. Other than that, I could use any tips you guys have to offer on this machine.

P.S. The hash made looks chronic!

I usually wind up using 2 - 20 lb bags per 800-900 grams. Half of one I pour in the water first to get it cooling off while I prepare my zipper bag with material. You want most of the rest of the ice inside with the material, but leave room for the ice to move around, dont overfill! You want some ice in the water outside of the zipper bag, but not too much as it is there to just control water temp, the ice inside zipper bag does all the hash extracting :)
Hope this helps!

salad931
12-24-2010, 04:07 AM
havent run the bubble now:( so it may not help
but for me 220 without the machine i use about 7 lbs a run(per 200 gs)
jus leavin barely enough room to get to all the product to swish around n get the water foamy

i also know that people with the bubblenow run for less time than hand mixin so you might wanna try something a bit less than 8 minutes for the DANK

but im still a rookie at hash makin jus thought id give my 2 pennies

HumboldtSmoka420
12-24-2010, 04:18 AM
havent run the bubble now:( so it may not help
but for me 220 without the machine i use about 7 lbs a run(per 200 gs)
jus leavin barely enough room to get to all the product to swish around n get the water foamy

i also know that people with the bubblenow run for less time than hand mixin so you might wanna try something a bit less than 8 minutes for the DANK

but im still a rookie at hash makin jus thought id give my 2 pennies

5-6 minutes 1st run and I usually do half normal half soft cycle

Stokes
12-26-2010, 05:40 PM
Thanks HS. Do you use the normal bag the kit comes with or do you buy the smaller zipper bags? I feel like you can get more with the smaller zipper bags.

So I was thinking the whole time that a lot of the agitation was on the outside of the bags as well. If inside is the main agitation, what is the proper way to fill it to achieve maximum agitation? I'm running different patients product, so I'm trying to aquire as much as possible for them. Quality is definitely important in the 1st two runs, but the following can be mediocre to poo poo quality. I know a lot of people that have commercial kitchens and they already said they'll swoop anything thats not smoking quality. So my last question is, after the first 6-8 minute run, how long should I send the other runs through?

I've also had a problem with my bud somewhat thawing out by the time it gets to mixing. Does that happen to most of you, or do I need some critiquing?

Thank you guys. I'll get some bubble shots once my powder dries.

HumboldtSmoka420
12-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Thanks HS. Do you use the normal bag the kit comes with or do you buy the smaller zipper bags? I feel like you can get more with the smaller zipper bags.

So I was thinking the whole time that a lot of the agitation was on the outside of the bags as well. If inside is the main agitation, what is the proper way to fill it to achieve maximum agitation? I'm running different patients product, so I'm trying to aquire as much as possible for them. Quality is definitely important in the 1st two runs, but the following can be mediocre to poo poo quality. I know a lot of people that have commercial kitchens and they already said they'll swoop anything thats not smoking quality. So my last question is, after the first 6-8 minute run, how long should I send the other runs through?

I've also had a problem with my bud somewhat thawing out by the time it gets to mixing. Does that happen to most of you, or do I need some critiquing?

Thank you guys. I'll get some bubble shots once my powder dries.

Ok, I would do first run for no more than 6 minutes. 2nd run I would do on all soft cycle for about 12-15 minutes and see what happens. In my zipper bag I put about half ice half material not filling over the zipper to allow agitation room. Remember some of the ice inside will melt anyways! I always make sure there is just a little ice in the outside of the bag but not much at all just to keep the ice inside the bag from melting.
But at the same time, by the time I'm done mixing the 2nd run I like my ice to be almost gone to allow the trichomes to escape easier.

Stokes
12-26-2010, 11:00 PM
Thanks bro. I appreciate it. By the way, how do you get your hash marbled like you had in the hash hit on your site?

Furry
12-27-2010, 06:30 AM
What size bags do you use in your bubbleNow xl machine? 5 or 20 gallon work bag?

HumboldtSmoka420
12-27-2010, 07:46 AM
Thanks bro. I appreciate it. By the way, how do you get your hash marbled like you had in the hash hit on your site?

It just happens sometimes, I have no idea how! Looks crazy though huh?

Bubbleman
12-27-2010, 09:51 AM
i can tell you how it goes marbled.> If you roll it up into balls before its properly dry.. and let it sit for a bit... it will oxydize on the outside of the hash and turn the outside a bit darker.. then if you flatter it out into a paddy and play with it for a bit and then roll it back up into a ball.. you will get nicely marbled bubble... However i dont suggest doing it.. for the fact that rolling up moist bubble is never a good idea..

my two cents
Bubble man

Furry
12-27-2010, 03:50 PM
Thanks Bubbleman. I guess I'll have to refrain from doing that. Total bummer though cause it looks awesome.

So would you agree with Humboldt Smoka and his run times? I have the same question as Furry as well. Would it be more efficient to run smaller bags than the one the XL comes with? Or is it all about how you fill that bag?

Furry
12-27-2010, 03:52 PM
^^^ That was me (Stokes), posting on Furry's (I know this guy) account. Forgot it was still logged in.

HumboldtSmoka420
12-27-2010, 08:37 PM
i can tell you how it goes marbled.> If you roll it up into balls before its properly dry.. and let it sit for a bit... it will oxydize on the outside of the hash and turn the outside a bit darker.. then if you flatter it out into a paddy and play with it for a bit and then roll it back up into a ball.. you will get nicely marbled bubble... However i dont suggest doing it.. for the fact that rolling up moist bubble is never a good idea..

my two cents
Bubble man

Yea, now that I think about it, that was a bubble test vid to see where the bubble was in the drying process, it wasn't completely dry. I like to test it at various times plus its hard to resist! :)

Bubbleman
12-28-2010, 05:44 AM
yeah stoked... mixing time is really up to the individual and dependant on the material.
I like to mix for 3 to 4 minutes for a first run.. and rarely run a second.. but give my material to people who do.
I like to mix a slightly smaller amount of trim than i say to use as maximum's.. so 800grams per bubblenowxl run.
but botton line.. as long as your making nice melty bubble. your doing everything right..

Bubble man

Stokes
12-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Thank Bubbleman, makes sense. I started using your maximum of 800 and then recently cut it in half. I was able to acheive more agitation along with a bigger yeild.

P.S. Thanks for the tip last night on how my lady makes hash. I appreciate it bro!