PDA

View Full Version : Water hash that melts like BHO

Sh1zn1t
01-02-2011, 01:01 AM
Hey guys, happy New Year. I have a very high tolerance, and as such concentrates are the best for me. I have tried BHO/wax/budder and I love all of the varieties but I can't help but feel like I am poisoning myself in the end. But seeing as I loved my oil so much I invested in some nice oil pieces and like the process of using a HMK curve to vaporize my concentrates.

Now before I start getting flamed, the purpose of this thread is not to talk about butane hash. I am in search of some full melt, made from water extraction, that can be smoked on a TI pad. If anyone in Cali can help out a patient in need with a recommendation to a dispensary that sells something like this that'd be great. Or any suggestions on how to make this type of hash myself would be great. :)

YukonBikerGuy
01-02-2011, 02:34 AM
It is possible to make hash that will melt on a TI pad in the same way. Gotta be FMCD for sure. Even then most hashes will leave at least some residue on TI pads, glass nails, and similar devices.

Another option you may want to explore is rosin. I'm pretty sure there is a thread here somewhere on it....
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6831&highlight=rosin

I thot there was another, more descriptive/instructional, but I cannot seem to find it at the moment.

In any case, I think the only way to get either substance that will work with your HMK would be to make it yourself so that you can be sure it is melty enough and poison free.

Good luck,
YBG

HumboldtSmoka420
01-03-2011, 03:25 AM
It is possible to make hash that will melt on a TI pad in the same way. Gotta be FMCD for sure. Even then most hashes will leave at least some residue on TI pads, glass nails, and similar devices.

Another option you may want to explore is rosin. I'm pretty sure there is a thread here somewhere on it....

I thot there was another, more descriptive/instructional, but I cannot seem to find it at the moment.

In any case, I think the only way to get either substance that will work with your HMK would be to make it yourself so that you can be sure it is melty enough and poison free.

Good luck,
YBG

I know there is a great thread on it at IC but cant find the link now. I love me some rosin and have recorded the entire process being done in a mini crock pot step by step but have yet to upload it :(

Sh1zn1t
01-05-2011, 01:40 AM
where in california
will trade information for your peyote pillar...:)
I live in San Diego. But good luck on prying my pillar from my cold lifeless body lol.

Good luck,
YBG
Thanks for the informational post, I wasn't even aware of this rosin stuff you posted till just now. Just goes to show when you think you know everything about a subject, something like this comes along and reminds you whats good.

jBUCKS420
02-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Oil does not poison you. There is no butane in BHO; only thc, terpenes, and other cannabinoids. No poison.

Green Supreme
02-07-2011, 04:40 PM
TOOL!!!! Harm yourself, but don't mislead others. Peace GS

Juicepuddle
02-08-2011, 01:50 AM
Hey GS if its purged very well maybe 4 times and made correctly I read that it was completely safe to vaporize oils / amber glass, if you could help me understand how its bad I would really appreciate it as I am smoking honey oil right now to avoid hurting my lungs on something harsher...

I would really like to know how its bad for me if you dont mind explaining, I am not asking you to do research me or anything, thanks I appreciate your time.

Green Supreme
02-08-2011, 02:40 AM
Butes contain ethyl mercaptan. It does not evaporate out. Also solvents, if not properly purged, as they are most often found are hard on folks with immune deficient systems. Lotsa info out there if folks are willing to look. I have seen these arguments at one time or another on most cannabis sites. Good luck. Peace GS

Bubbleman
02-08-2011, 06:15 PM
SPider sense is spider sense.. and it doesnt take much to realize as your smoking chemical solvent extracted resins.. that your not doing your body or your health any favors...

Give thanks for the true Melt....

Peace
Bubble man

Sh1zn1t
02-09-2011, 05:57 AM
Yea, exactly why I made this thread.

Although I cannot draw a direct correlation, I started blazing oil about a year ago. Since, I have started to get recurring bronchitis and coughing up bloody sputum. I haven't even been smoking the last few days at all because of this.

TL;DR: oil is bad, hmmmmmkay

TheTrichomeKid
02-09-2011, 07:17 AM
You may just need to sell your curve for a titanium screen and a spool of beeline.

I stopped smoking flowers due to excessive coughing, went to vaporizing but something felt missing for my illness, even went through the oil phase until I ended up with just smoking bubble.

To me it seems like the least hazardous to my health while still receiving the full benefit of the herb. Might just be my OCD but I can't even smoke flowers anymore as it just tastes like burning plant now.

Some may say BHO is completely safe, however it is certainly not a process I want to perform. I also do not trust purchasing something like this at a dispensary as you don't know who's backyard it was made in.

tripletee
02-17-2011, 05:33 AM
ill stick with my bubble now and new wackwillies centrifical extractor!!!!ima bee happy

Green Supreme
02-17-2011, 07:46 PM
Wow, your first post huh. Cool. So even you admit that they put the mercaps in Butes. Nuff said. Peace GS

ps. welcome to the site

Green Supreme
02-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Well let's put it this way. The butane available to most folks does have ethyl mercaptan in it. The fact you can get it without makes you right perhaps, but no less a tool in general as it does not help most folks at all. Troll on. Peace GS

Juicepuddle
02-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Well let's put it this way. The butane available to most folks does have ethyl mercaptan in it. The fact you can get it without makes you right perhaps, but no less a tool in general as it does not help most folks at all. Troll on. Peace GS

Gonna have to agree with GS on this, I didnt even know it existed in butane and he was educating me, he was not saying all tane has it or anything like that, calm down go take a hit of some thc brother.

Thanks GS, is there a reason why you didnt say that you can get tane without it?

Peace all.

Green Supreme
02-17-2011, 08:51 PM
Well, this is an international site and butane available to most folks does have it. Safety first. Peace GS

TaneTool
02-17-2011, 09:04 PM

you and your heady troll brotherhood have been saying for years BHO is "poison".

that's a false statement.

anyone with half a brain cell knows that you dont use butane containing ethyl mercaptan. i mean give up already, we get it, you like your heady $500 hash bags. stop trying to trick people into avoiding bho.

TheTrichomeKid
02-17-2011, 10:25 PM
No one has ever blown up their house or caused themselves great harm using water and ice, can the same be said for BHO? I think not.

So, you like BHO good for you, we here like bubble hash. There are plenty of BHO sites, why waste your time here?

TheTrichomeKid
02-17-2011, 10:35 PM
BTW since you brought up cost, Bubble bags if taken care of are an investment that last quite a while (I am new so someone else maybe able to give an estimate on number of runs).

What is the cost of an extractor tube and enough "quality" butane to run the same about of material the bubble bags can in their lifetime?

I am sure it's close if not cheaper than BHO...

Green Supreme
02-17-2011, 10:50 PM
If you folks could only realize this is a hash site, well that would take some serious intelligence, seeing is it is at the top of every page. You are the type of folks that go to an apple site and talk oranges. Again, serious intelligence involved. Maybe you should go peddle your drivel on an oil site. Oh ya that's right oil folks are resourceful enough to make a site. They just troll the hash sites, looking for converts . Lame!! Good luck in whatever you do tane tool hope you don't explode making a batch. Peace GS

Green Supreme
02-18-2011, 05:02 AM
Yup a troll. Still a hash site. Sorry, I don't go too websites looking for internet friends. Just came here to decorate the place. Enjoy. Peace GS

etncrew
02-19-2011, 07:41 PM
GS is coo with everyone on FMB, except "tane tools" like yourself. I'm not going to wade into the whole ethyl mercaptan argument, because ALL butane sold in Canada contains trace amounts of it. Look at your can of Colibri....even it has mercaptan, mind, only in trace amounts....

That being said im not going to wade into the health debate, just re-hash some points already made.

1 - you'll never blow up yourself/house/dog/girlfriend making bubble hash.
2 - smoking BHO no matter how small a hit, makes you almost cough up a lung. I've coughed so hard from that shit i've spit up blood. No matter how much bubble i smoke, i never ever ever cough so hard to spit up blood. Plus i can smoke bubble all night and not feel as if my throat has swallowed razorblades
3- there is something very sexy about smoking pure, unadulterated glandular trichome heads, not heads that have been dissolved (burst) in a solvent.
4 - only tane tools come into a hash site and talk shit.......if you have 5$ buy the domain www.bhotools.com....then build a website where you and all your tane tool friends can talk about poppin' tane alll day....maybe if we're looking we'll hear about your tane making on the news.....helicopter footaged from above will point on the crater where your house was.

happy oil making :)

peace

WhiteWall
02-19-2011, 09:20 PM
I for one put mass amounts of thc smoke into my lungs. Therefore I am not one to preach on whats healthy and whats not, like somee.. however this is a hash site excluding butane specifically so if you're gonna stay might as well respect that

Green Supreme
02-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Some light reading. Peace GS

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2011/02/butane_hash_dangers_edibles.php

Juicepuddle
02-27-2011, 07:36 PM
2 - smoking BHO no matter how small a hit, makes you almost cough up a lung. I've coughed so hard from that shit i've spit up blood. No matter how much bubble i smoke, i never ever ever cough so hard to spit up blood. Plus i can smoke bubble all night and not feel as if my throat has swallowed razorblades

This confuses me, I myself can hit huge bho rips with no problem, however some water hash I have tends to fuck my lungs up more, I cant smoke bubble more then I can oils.

What am I doing wrong?

Grimr3efer
03-01-2011, 02:17 AM
This confuses me, I myself can hit huge bho rips with no problem, however some water hash I have tends to fuck my lungs up more, I cant smoke bubble more then I can oils.

What am I doing wrong?

Its probably your quality. If its any green to it its gonna be harder to hit. I didn't know this till recently, but now my 1st run with a light stir (buds frozen and cut to popcorn size)... gives me the best cleanest hits that blow me away. You know when you see what I am talking about. When I remove it of my drying screen it is golden color glistening like it was on the bud and very sticky. This is the best FMB. Its not harsh and will make you FLY. Also everyone smoke/ingest it diff. I have a bong that I use. I put a screen in the bowl and when I light it I don't just roast it. I move the flame just close enuff to make it bubble then bring the flame back... then go again till it bubbles... and again like that till i got a lung full... I found frozen popcorn cut to size buds and a light stir FTW everytime. HTH

i.love.scotch
04-07-2011, 10:12 PM
I have a HMK curve on the way and am also curious as to what extracts are safe to use with it.

I'm sure certain strains extracted at certain screen sizes in bubblebags will result in a full melt hash that can be used on a skillet however I'm assuming most bubble will gum up the plate.

I've never made BHO and don't plan on it. I have however made small batches of rock hard amber glass QWISO. I was curious what everyone on this sites opinion is of the positive or negative attributes of alcohol extracted oils.

I understand this is a water-extraction site however curve style utensils are becoming very popular and I think its important to discuss what extracts are safe to use with such a system.

Ideally everyone would have the perfect strain w/ just the right resin to produce FMCD every time but this just doesn't happen.

YukonBikerGuy
04-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Its like this here.......

solvents = bad
hash = good

FMCD with work on any of the titanium style devices for concentrates, and will leave a little debris on the pad. The less melty the hash, the more mess of charred hash it leaves behind. In reality, these devices are designed for solvent extracted concentrates though.

Isopropyl alcohol is a very poisonous substance, and most folks who use it do not get all the alcohol out of thier final concentrate. Even 99.6% Iso has 0.4% water and other substances in it, usually things like a very small amount of mercury and/or arsnenic to make it unpalatable for human consumption. Rummy winos drink Iso anyway and it makes them go blind. Most people cant get 99.6%, and settle for 91%, mer. Thats 9% water and 'stuff'. That ends up in the product. Mer.

Rosin is an alternative that may work better with TI devices than hash itself, but would still be leaving debris on the pad, due to the nature of the stuff.

Hope that helps illuminate things a bit for you.

YBG

i.love.scotch
04-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the informative rundown man.

The ISO I've used before was 99%, with the other 1% labelled as being water. Your right in that there could be other stuff in there in quantities not large enough to require labelling.

I definitely agree that water-extracted hash has a lot more 'fullness' to it that most solvent-extracted stuff doesn't. The high concentration of THC and other compounds is there with the solvents but something seems missing for sure.

Bubbleman's 'what I'm puffing now thread' always make me crave some tasty intact trichome heads.

How do you smoke your bubblehash?

YukonBikerGuy
04-09-2011, 03:59 PM
I have a dedicated bong for hash myself. Its a Bubbleman edition RooR, in an Amsterdam theme, with a RooR bent hash bowl that I got at the Cannabis Cup a couple years ago. I sprinkle some hash on the screens and ignite with beeline or a creme brule torch for the bigger hits.

hashybuds420
04-09-2011, 08:08 PM
Its like this here.......

solvents = bad
hash = good

FMCD with work on any of the titanium style devices for concentrates, and will leave a little debris on the pad. The less melty the hash, the more mess of charred hash it leaves behind. In reality, these devices are designed for solvent extracted concentrates though.

Isopropyl alcohol is a very poisonous substance, and most folks who use it do not get all the alcohol out of thier final concentrate. Even 99.6% Iso has 0.4% water and other substances in it, usually things like a very small amount of mercury and/or arsnenic to make it unpalatable for human consumption. Rummy winos drink Iso anyway and it makes them go blind. Most people cant get 99.6%, and settle for 91%, mer. Thats 9% water and 'stuff'. That ends up in the product. Mer.

Rosin is an alternative that may work better with TI devices than hash itself, but would still be leaving debris on the pad, due to the nature of the stuff.

Hope that helps illuminate things a bit for you.

YBG

I Can honestly say that when you claim .4% or 9% of distilled water in isoprophyl is also mercury and "stuff" as you say, I Don't believe it..Please link me to the source you found this info. SAY NO TO BUTANE FORE SURE THOUGH.

YukonBikerGuy
04-12-2011, 12:28 AM
Hashy, you bugger.... making me go do research and shit.... lol.

I admit I cannot now find anything to back up my previous claims. I believe I was mistaken, with the acetone that it metabolizes into in your body when you drink it.

here is a link to the MSDS for iso:
http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/i8840.htm (http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/i8840.htm)

It only mentions the composition of 'pure' isopropyl however, not what is sold on store shelves. I dont trust walmart or life brands to be using the pure shit, yanno what I mean?

Check out section 3 on the MSDS and the potential health effects......

YBG

05-09-2011, 08:55 AM
There are some strains thats can makes extremly "oily" bubble, now this is not all strains. I have never vaped bubble on a vape swing but i know this, if the bubble is full melt or you are smoking some super cleaned kif it should vape pretty clean imo. now on to the oil.......this is a bubble site so....lets talk about bubble there are plenty forums w oil discussions btw im not knocking anyone who smokes oil justs saying this is a bubble site. Respect to bman for having a place for hash peeps to go...again before any one who likes oil chimes in im not judging you do as you please just discuss it somewhere else. blessings 777

AlexParadis
05-10-2011, 12:54 AM
why not making co2 oil ? and for people who say that it's a site dedicated to hash, then tell me why bubbleman talk about unpressed trichomes ?? i know its not hash if its not pressed, its just trichome . solvent less oil mixed with trichome is more a ''hashish'' to me than trichome.

Green Supreme
05-10-2011, 01:09 AM
Hey Alex, I am pretty sure something is being lost in translation. Hash can be unpressed powder, it is in fact my preference. Peace GS

faintfuzzies
05-10-2011, 03:07 AM
I have owned and used my Original bubble man bags since the first year bubble man starting making and selling them.. more uses and years than i can remember..

Hey bubble man what year did you start selling bags in the mags ?

Bags are a long term investment that pays for itself after the first use.

Bho after a few batches is going to be more than a set of bags

I have made BHO before and even though i vac purged a few times in a vac chamber with a real refrigeration vac pump( not a brake bleeder vac) I still do not believe it is chemical free. show me the test findings ? Can we say russian roulet ? BHO is just no good, any time man messes with any plant using chemicals to strip and extract bad things happen. just look at the CoCa plant , Poppy plant .. man messed with them and now people die every day ,in rehabs if lucky . Just my 2 cents FWIW

faintfuzzies
05-10-2011, 03:11 AM
There are some strains thats can makes extremly "oily" bubble, now this is not all strains. I have never vaped bubble on a vape swing but i know this, if the bubble is full melt or you are smoking some super cleaned kif it should vape pretty clean imo. now on to the oil.......this is a bubble site so....lets talk about bubble there are plenty forums w oil discussions btw im not knocking anyone who smokes oil justs saying this is a bubble site. Respect to bman for having a place for hash peeps to go...again before any one who likes oil chimes in im not judging you do as you please just discuss it somewhere else. blessings 777

whats strains are you talking about ?

05-10-2011, 09:54 AM
ive had a diesel cross bubble that was super oily 777

707danksmoker
12-16-2011, 05:31 AM
bubbles the way to go, bho is 85% of the time not made correctly and very unpure.

shmalphy
12-16-2011, 04:38 PM
I follow subcool's tek, which is here http://hightimes.com/entertainment/subcool/3141 It is simple, and gets beautiful results every time. I also dry out the leftover material for cannabutter, and use it mixed with with my fan leaf (4 oz to 1 LB butter)

DJ Nikka T
12-20-2011, 02:18 AM
Solvent-less Wax.