PDA

View Full Version : Storing cannabis butter

follow1yourpath
01-05-2011, 04:06 AM
Hey FMB, I haven't been logged in and perused the forums in quite a sometime. But i came upon a question i needed answered and figured i would see what i could find. I tried the search option but did not come up with any results. So I thought that I would ask the most knowledgeable group of people i know on the internet about the subject.

Does cannabis butter need to be stored in the freezer/refrigerator? Or will it remain just as potent and awsome at room temperature?

Thank you in advance, FYP.

Judy, The Herbal Chef
01-05-2011, 05:01 AM
If left out at room temp the butter will soften to almost the liquid state and go rancid. If you want to be able to leave it out, make gee, which is clarified butter. This can be left out for several weeks, or months depending on the weather and the conditions inside your living space.

KingRooRge
02-08-2011, 12:00 AM
I made a large batch of chocolate chip cookies from scratch with cannabutter and forgot about half of the doughballs in my freezer for six months and when I cooked them they were still extremely potent...it could have been the sour&sage that made them but I can vouch for thc staying safe in the freezer for up to 6 months. And as for the room temp butter I left about half a sticks worth of mine out in a butter tray and it stayed tasty all week. ..Just my .02 but I hope it helps.

Tinkerbud
03-16-2012, 08:51 PM
It may be kinda late to respond to this question but I am a cannabudder lover. Definately should not be left on the counter as one member said. I usually put mine in the fridge and it can be kept there for quite a while but for long term storage use your freezer. After being in the fridge too long it begins to go bad and change color. Cheers. :)