PDA

View Full Version : Bubble now question

organicw
01-23-2011, 08:04 AM
I just ordered a bubble now machine and had a few quesions. When I made bubble before I allways froze the bud first. Do I want to freeze it before I put it in the bubble now? Also do I want to remove the steams from the fan leaves, or can i leave them on? Thanks for any help

HumboldtSmoka420
01-23-2011, 09:33 AM
Take your time and gather as much info from this site as possible before mixing bro, you will be glad you did ;)

Green Supreme
01-23-2011, 04:46 PM
Yes frozen is good. You will want to remove as much non trichome containing material as you can. Less stuff to contaminate the hash, the better. Peace GS

organicw
01-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Oh I have gattered plenty of info from this sight. I have made bubble many of times with a hand mxer or drill. I watched all of the videos I could find on the bubble now. Just was not sure if it was the same as making it with a mixer.

Green Supreme
01-23-2011, 06:22 PM
If it was the same, we would just use the mixer, no? Good luck. Peace GS

HumboldtSmoka420
01-23-2011, 10:33 PM
Oh I have gattered plenty of info from this sight. I have made bubble many of times with a hand mxer or drill. I watched all of the videos I could find on the bubble now. Just was not sure if it was the same as making it with a mixer.

If you did it with a dril, I doubt it was full melt. Peace!

Jarofunk
01-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Make the first wash a quick one, 5 minutes or less, for a fire run

Bubbleman
01-24-2011, 04:49 PM
Yeah just follow the bubblenow instructions.. which are very straight foreward.. you put your material into the bubblenow bag.. you fill it with ice.. you use nice cold water.. and you mix it up for an amount of time. ( i personaly wouldnt go over 5 minutes for the first run) you can always run the material a second time for the full 15 minutes if you want to make sure every last trichome head is out.. ( not really gonna happen but you can get the majority for sure)

also feel free to come into video chat and get live help..

Peace
Bubble man

salad931
01-24-2011, 07:26 PM
dont use fan leaves

just your sugar off the buds--fans/stems have what like .01% thc? haha

organicw
01-25-2011, 05:41 AM
Oh you are right, I have never had full melt before other than bho, and I know that is no where near the same. Im not a guy thats going to bull shit you. I understand how the whole process works, I just was not sure if you still needed to freeze it with the machine. I also was not sure what size the sceen bag was in the machine so I didnt know if it would filter out more of the impurites. But it showed up today I a can tell its the same as the 220. Thanks for all of the help. I am running 100 grams of trim tonight. I only keep fans that are comming straight from but that show a few heads on them.

YukonBikerGuy
01-25-2011, 06:43 PM
I prefer to freeze my starting material before making hash with it. At least 24 hours, tho in general I like to have it frozen in a deep freezer (not a mushy popsicile fidge freezer) for 2 weeks or longer before making hash with it. It seems to change the trich heads in some small way that makes for better hash imo. I believe that perhaps some of the moisture from inside the trich heads is sort of being freeze dried out of the wax membranes without rupturing them, but I am just speculating. All I know is it makes for better hash in the end.

I have also made hash with unfrozen material, and just let it chill in the ice & water in the machine for 10-20 min before beginning to mix it to chill the trichs and make them brittle.

I keep all fans seperate from the close trim, even the frosty fans. They can be run seperately later, and then wont dilute my primo hash.

The zippered all mesh bag is 220µ, but I still pour the mixed water thru the 220µ work bag as well. It still catches some green particulate that made it out of the zippered bag. Particulate matter that is not trichomes is the enemy of great bubblehash.

Good luck with your run, may your hash be melty.
YBG