PDA

View Full Version : Picked up 1 gal 8 bag kit NEED HELP

b4o2n0g
01-31-2011, 12:29 AM
I finally picked up a set of 1 gal 8 bag kit but I have some problems.

When using the bowl method to scrap off the very littles amounts of resin from each size screen,The thc only pushes into the screens rather than collect on my spoon.Is everyone producing so much where this is not a problem to you??I dont understand.

When im done trying to scrap off as much as possible without clogging the screens I try to wash off the bags in the bucket.but,alot of the thc doesnt wash off into the next bucket instead its still clogged up in my screens.Why are my bags already looking ruined.What can I do to unclog the screens?

Which size bags should i use to produce only 1 or 2 qualities of hash so I dont have to deal with so many different bags with VERY little amounts.?

Please help me soon as im looking forward to my second batch...thanks

MichiganJim
01-31-2011, 12:37 AM
The surface of your scraper or resin collector (ie spoon) may have too wide of an edge, so it instead smears the resin. I use a plastic spoon, because the sides are so thin it makes for a much easier way to collect your gold.

Rather than rinsing the bags into the next bag, I run ice cold water from the bath in it to recollect the resin into the middle of the bag, and then you can get that up easily.

For less bags, Use you 220, 160, 90, 73, and 25. you could leave out the 90 if desired.

b4o2n0g
01-31-2011, 03:57 PM
Thanks michigan jim.

My 73u has so much resin stuck in the screen..its really dissapointing.This is right after I got done using and immediately washed out but all the resin is still clogging the screen.

TheTrichomeKid
01-31-2011, 09:24 PM
Let us know how your next run goes.

I'm thinking of getting the 1 gallon 8 bag kit for my small harvest, but not quite sure if it's worth the trouble to run 1-2 oz. of trim.

I still prefer bubble over dry sift (although I can't say I have had a melt dry sift that melts) as I don't use my concentrates as a topper but enjoy it in all it's meltyness.