PDA

View Full Version : 1st run no melt

savs2k
02-18-2011, 03:28 AM
I did my first run for bubblehash with an 8 bag bubblebag set with a 5gal washer. I used wet trim mostly fan leaves and got a decent return although it was green. I could not get any melt at all though. I used some nice sugary grandaddy to start with. The water was so cold on the second run it was smoking with cold fog. I'm thinking maby there was too much contaminates? The hash didn't come out looking right after it dried it was more powdery instead of having that melty look to it. I looked at the stuff under a magnifier and its looks great but it just won't melt. I wanted to ask for advice before I do a good batch

Bubbleman
02-18-2011, 06:37 PM
Well.. sometimes the quality of the resin head is just not there.. It really depends on how it was grown and wether or not the grower understood the need to allow the trichome head to mature.. This means allowing the oils to mature and the wax membrane to thin out. The thicker this membrane is.. the less likely you are to get a melty bubble.
If your ratio of Volatile oils is high that is where you are most likely to get the MELT>
the melting affect is the volatile oils bubbling and melting out of the hash.

Also using wet trim.. if you over mix it can lower your quality depending on the material you started with.
Feel free to come into live chat and ask use questions live next time you run a batch..
Good luck and may the fullmelt bless your bowl sooner than later

peace
Bubble man

18dummy
02-18-2011, 10:25 PM
This means allowing the oils to mature and the wax membrane to thin out. The thicker this membrane is.. the less likely you are to get a melty bubble.

Once your trichomes begin to turn amber, does that also mean the wax membranes have thinned out and the oils matured? I'm gettin ready to harvest one of my little guys and want to ensure bubbly goodness. Gracias very much

Bon qualite
02-19-2011, 01:49 AM
Use the good frosty buds and trim... Then pull apart the buds or chop em up! Very important!
Then mix for at least one hour stopping 3-4 times to wait 10 mins to let settle.
Enjoi

TheTrichomeKid
02-19-2011, 02:00 AM
^^^ One hour is way too long to mix.

I mix by hand for 15 minutes at most, then settle for 20 (I have a 1 gallon kit)

Bon qualite
02-19-2011, 02:24 AM
Get an electric mixer, works better, oYo

savs2k
02-19-2011, 06:48 AM
I ran my 5gal washer for 10 and 15 mins I think it was overkill. Also the bag opened in the washer by itsself so I know the second batch had contamination

HumboldtSmoka420
02-19-2011, 07:26 AM
screw electric mixer unless u meant Bubblenow XL

Bon qualite
02-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Bubble now xl. Looks fancy! I was looking into those washers too. I bet it's very gentle on the triches! Nice. I say longer because when I do mix for less time and i take out the material I can still see trichomes. My thought is longer colder mix and for the most part all the triches will be off, IMHO.

Bon qualite
02-19-2011, 11:57 PM
Ok it's not really my technique I ripped it off of the pollinator in Amsterdam that's how milla does hers. ;) just my . O two
Peace

TheTrichomeKid
02-20-2011, 03:31 AM
With a one gallon kit mixing by hand seems to work just fine, so no need for an electric mixer.

savs2k
02-20-2011, 10:05 AM
I have the 5gal bubblenow. Ill be doing a new batch with 4-6 run time with popcorn shake and see how it comes out.

savs2k
02-22-2011, 12:40 PM
I did another run with 6 mins Instead and it turned out pretty good. its a lot more tan then green. Hopefully ill get it to melt this time around.

savs2k
02-23-2011, 02:25 PM
So my first real run with trim turned out pretty decent. I ran the mixer for 6-9 mins tops each cycle and 3 cycles per batch. I didn't freeze the trim although i should have but thats for my next try. I let the ice and water sit for about 20 mins before I added the trim to get the water as cold as possible with 6 min cycle time (with just ice and water). Then after I added the material I let it sit for 10 mins without touching it at all. first cycle 6 min and sencond 6-9 and third was 9mins. my 120 bag was impressively large yeild every time but I haven't weighed anything yet.

I do have a question though. How fine am i supose to be chopping up the hash to dry? After a few days the stuff turned a nice color but i noticed the larger chunks hardened and were darker then the really fine chopped stuff. Weird enough to me that the larger stuff has melt to it but the finner stuff just burns.

I'll have pictures soon when im not so tired. I just want to keep experimenting until I know first hand which is the best method for myself

savs2k
02-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Also does anyone squeeze out the water from the wet mixture into your bags after? I know it's not the best thing to do at all but I wanted to see if it would yeild anything decent so I set up the 220 180 and a 45 and literally squeezed the wet material to ring some water (i did jsust a few squeeze) and ended up yielding a small ball half the size of a razor blade in width

Psuper
02-23-2011, 07:35 PM
Well.. sometimes the quality of the resin head is just not there.. It really depends on how it was grown and wether or not the grower understood the need to allow the trichome head to mature.....

Could you expand on what you mean by "how it was grown", I understand watching the color change of the maturing glandular head of the trichome, but are you talking about something in addition to this? Any for a med. grower?

Thanks again for sharing the knowledge here, much appreciated B.M. :)

FlyHighClub
02-25-2011, 06:48 PM
mods should make this a sticky in this section...its all about practice and technique~> http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7180