PDA

View Full Version : Best method without using BubbleNow

THE_OG_KUSH
02-20-2011, 12:09 AM
I have made a few batches of hash using my 5 gal 8 bag kit. Gotten full melt each time usually only in the 73u sometimes in both the 90u and the 73u and its usually not a large amount.

I usually do 3 runs gently stirring for 4 7 and 10 mins in a 5gal bucket.

I was thinking about cutting the bottom 5gal bucket out, putting the 8 bags on the bucket. Then placing the material in the workbag filling the rest of the bucket up with ice. Place the bucket it the bathtub and start running cold water over the ice, thru the trim material and just run a constant current over the material for 4 mins the first run. i figure this will be more gentle then stirring.

IDK if this will work, just looking for a better way to get better hash without shelling out the money for a bubble now.

TS
02-20-2011, 02:27 AM
if you are not gettin fmcd an your stirin gentle for under 5 minute and your water is coming out non green.. it is possib ur strain is not a full melt, otherwise imo you are doing everything right.

cannawerks
03-12-2011, 03:12 AM
stirring gently with a mixing paddle works well. although you dont have to shell out $$ for the bubblenow machine, any washing machine will work. craigslist has them mad cheap, in your area. ive seen nice washing machines for under $100. the machine really saves alot of time and trouble. good luck

GlandTechInd
03-26-2011, 12:37 AM
stirring gently with a mixing paddle works well. although you dont have to shell out $$ for the bubblenow machine, any washing machine will work. craigslist has them mad cheap, in your area. ive seen nice washing machines for under $100. the machine really saves alot of time and trouble. good luck

dont listen to this guy unless you feel like smokin some nasty ass shit. a used washing machine? thats the best advice ever lol! now for some real talk.

1. try mixing with your work bag in a separate bucket, pull it and then poor the water through you bags in the other bucket.
2. yes, rinse with water! but not threw you trim. a cold spray in each bag will not only collect heads, but can "clean" them more than you know.
3. if you want good shit, dont worry about how much you get. id be happy with 5g's good shit out of a 5 gallon batch. and as tocix said, your strain just might not melt no matter how pure. especially if it wasn't harvest at the proper time.

Now a question. You're doing 3 runs on the same material obviously because you're worried about your return. are you mixing the different washes together? also in my experience here @ fullmelt, pictures are key if you want legit and helpful opinions and advice.