PDA

View Full Version : Nute Burn/Lock-out?

TheTrichomeKid
02-20-2011, 03:28 AM
Any one have an idea on what might be going on with my ladys?

The new/top leaves are yellowing and curling up.

My temps are in the mid-low 70s, but have raised the lights a few more inches in case it is heat stress.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated?

pineappaloupe
02-20-2011, 06:46 AM
Judging from the tips curling up, and the discoloration between the leaf veins, im going with too much N, which is also messing up the calcium uptake.

TheTrichomeKid
02-20-2011, 06:59 AM
Thanks for the response.

I will just give her plain PHed water the next couple of feedings and see how she responds.

May I ask how this might of happened?

They are in FFOF soil and I am using Botincare PBP Bloom (1-4-5), along with Liquid Karma (.1-.1-.5), AN Carbo Load with the occasional Hydroplex (0-10-6) all at half strength or less. So there is very little N in my feedings.

As of Sunday morning they will be in week 5 of flowering,

pineappaloupe
03-09-2011, 08:54 AM
Is it pure FFOF soil? If so, it probably does not need food. Sometimes that soil can be 'hot'. I've had bad batches ruin plants, even when using it as 20% of the mix. Too much N can mess with Ca uptake. That is my guess, given the discoloration between the leaves. A pH problem would cause a more elaborate display of many nutrient problems. At this point, the leaves will never go back to normal.
If the nutrient problem is in the soil, you can't do much.
I would suggest next time to ditch fox farm soil. Promix, earth worm castings, and amend it accordingly. If you repot, use a veg mix, and then either nothing else or a bloom mix.

Razz
03-09-2011, 03:38 PM
pffffffttt......ive been using ffof for 20+ years. i've NEVER had an issue with their soil...........but then again.....wtf do i know?

Green Supreme
03-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Your answer was no answer,really. 20 years+, I'd think you might be able to give the dude a tip or 2 lol. Peace GS