PDA

View Full Version : 25 micron FMCD?

TheTrichomeKid
02-26-2011, 08:34 AM
So I am fairly new to making my own bubble and have only had a chance to run indica dominate strains. I have been getting full melt results out of the 90 and 73 with the 120 and 45 being bubble and the rest cooking grade.

However, I got a chance to run some Chemdawg trim the other day, which is sativa dominate I believe, and got some different results.

The "color" of the grades seem to be the same, however the 120-45 grades created some nice bubble but nothing full melt Then I tried the 25 micron which has more of a waxy texture, darker in color (not the golden/blonde color the 90 micron comes out as) and when I put a flame to it it melted like butter with very little ash.

Is this typical of sativa dominate stains? Has anyone else run Chemdawg and seen similar results or did I do something wrong and just end up with melty 25 micron bubble?

Jarofunk
02-26-2011, 03:11 PM
Damn man, I've never gotten fmcd from my 25 bag. Kinda makes sense though. I think sativa strains typically have smaller trich heads than indicas. Especially if the Chem was pulled early

Babbabud
02-26-2011, 05:03 PM
Ive run lots and lots of ChemD ...... Ive gotten melt all the way up into the 160 bag. the 45 doesnt normally melt and my daughter gets it. The finest for me with good mature chemD trichs is almost always the 120 and 90... with the 73 being at least melty. Ive run the Chem clone for years indoors and out.

TheTrichomeKid
02-27-2011, 06:07 AM
Yeah, I've never got FMCD from the 25 either, usually just cooking grade.

The only reason I put flame to it was due to the waxy touch. Not sure if I did something wrong or was just the way it was grown. I did another run today so I'll see if it turns out the same when it dries.

Is it possible the 25 micron bag caught just smaller/broken resin heads without any contaminates?

TheTrichomeKid
02-27-2011, 06:30 AM
Tried to take some pics, however as you will see I'm not a great photographer.

I ran a flame over the hash to try and take some melt pics but they all came out blurry. Here's a few of it melting together, but I missed all the clear dome shots.