PDA

View Full Version : Question re: cleaning 25 micron sized bag.

Öpik Oort Outstrip
03-02-2011, 08:59 PM
I've been using a set of bags that has shown pleasant results.

However, the 25 micron size bag filters the water very slowly. These are bubble bags borrowed from a friend. I'm unsure if the bag has been cleaned very well after use.

Is there any safe way to clean the mesh without affecting the material but also increasing flow of water?

I'm thinking the bag is dirty, and it just needs to be cleaned.

Thank you

dontstepongrass
03-02-2011, 09:48 PM
91% isopropyl alcohol and a soft bristle toothbrush.

always rinse bubblebags with COLD water.

happy melting.

etncrew
03-21-2011, 02:29 PM
yeah what dsog says...i usually clean all my bags with iso and a brush after every 4th or so hash run, in addition to getting my mrs to clean the heck outta them after each hash run with just plain water.

Green Supreme
03-21-2011, 04:23 PM
Iso breaks down the stitching, so you might not want to do that too many times. Proper cleaning and bag maintenance can help you avoid this part. Clean bags right after use, with cold not warm water. Warm will melt the heads making it harder too clean. Good luck. Peace GS

Psuper
03-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Besides just rinsing screens/bags with cold water during and immediately after use (which Iam sure you already know) definately try some 91% iso for the screens.

As far as it damaging stitching and removing dyes from fabric on the bag, simply take care to keep it away from the bags' fabric and the edge where the mesh is attached to the fabric. Simple enough.

You don't want to soak the nylon mesh screen in any kind of solvent for any extended period of time, but a quick rinse, wipe, or brushing (as already mentioned above) followed by rinsing with water is fine.

After a bubble-run is done and my bags have already been water-rinsed and hanged to dry, I inspect the screens. If I decide the mesh screens need further cleaning I will gently warm some 91% iso, fold the bag in half (folded so the screen now sticks out instead of laying flat) clean one side, then turn bag inside out and clean the other side.

Instead of using a brush I'll wear some textured latex or nitrile gloves, which I always have around for cleaning house anyways, and just lightly scrub the mesh with my gloved fingers.