PDA

View Full Version : Bubbleman's Storefront?

i.love.scotch
04-06-2011, 09:02 PM
I met someone a while back who mentioned Bubbleman used to have a retail storefront somewhere in Vancouver. I never went there however I think it would be cool to have a thread about it. Maybe some history or something about the location. It sounds like it was a cool place :)

I've missed out on almost all the great Vancouver pot landmarks; DaKine, the Herb Museum (when they sold herb) etc, and also apparently Bubblemans store!

Would love some info!

Thanks

Green Supreme
04-06-2011, 09:07 PM
He has a factory outlet at Hastings and Clarke in Vancouver. The place you may be speaking of was called the Melting Point and was on Commercial Dr.

i.love.scotch
04-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Haha! So that is the place that was right across from Tio Pepe's (great little mexican restaurant) right?

In the case I lied, I have been there!

I was in the area with my family some years ago and we were waiting for our reservation at Tio Pepe's. My mom suggested we took a look at some stores in the area (seeing as Commercial drive has a little more 'culture' then the suburb I'm from).

Anyway, we go into this place that looks like it has all sorts of cool blown glass and stuff and as soon as we get inside it REAKS like weed and I see three people behind the counter filling a huge Volcano bag. Then we look at all the glasswork and its all bongs! My family's not really into weed so my mom was like, 'what an interesting store' and kind of motioned that we should be leaving LOL

Ah I lol'd pretty hard when you told me the name Melting Point and I realized it was that very place.

I had no idea it was Bubbleman's place, thats blowing my mind.