PDA

View Full Version : Hash water turned purple... So sticky you cant touch it

MiKron
04-07-2011, 04:30 PM
I made some bubble hash out of some of my homegrown Juicy Fruit. The leaf is purple and green, and my resulting water was purple and smelled exactly like berry juice.

So I mixed in a 160u bag for 20mins with a plastic spoon and poured the water thru my 110, 73, and 45 bag.

The 110, and 73 were really bubbly and darkish black colored when it dried, but the 45 bag is another story.

For starters, the white looking goo in the 45 bag was so sticky I needed to use an oil pin to scrape it off the card. After letting it dry out for a week, it turned a light golden color and looked really oily. I picked it up and it immediately stuck to my fingers so badly that I had to use the oil pin to scrape it off my finger tips. So after sitting there figuring out how the hell im gonna smoke this, I decided to use my oil pin to "dip" it into the glob. So I heated up the coil on the pin to avoid direct contact with the goop and it started to bubble and drip into the bowl. After I took the toke, there was literally no ash left behind on my flat faced star screen in my bong.

After having dealt with such a sticky product after extraction I decided to eliminate the 73 micron bag so that my final yield would be higher. Thru eliminating my 73 bag, I have maintained a 45u full melt product that bubbles down to nothing and maintains a really hashy fruity taste that coats your mouth and makes your tongue water.

I used to use a 5 bag system but have decided to only work in a 160 bag and filter thru 110, and 45. The contents of the 110 bag are half melt which is good for giving away to friends :)

For some reason I really don't like using the 220 then 160 micron bag to mix, It sends too much material around in the 160 bag for my liking. Sometimes I cant help but feel that the green 160 sludge actually catches a lot of heads so my theory is to eliminate the settling of green matter and allow extra fine filtration thru the bags not the sludge. I found that my yields sucked and so did the quality before I switched to mixing in a 160u bag alone.

Let me know what you think about this technique.
MiKron :bongin:

Green Supreme
04-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Sounds like you mixed too long. Peace GS

MiKron
04-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Yea, I do usually mix pretty long, but I also don't mix very aggressively. I try to go for yield and quality. I have done so many techniques over the years but found mixing in the 160 bag to be the best out of all of them.

Green Supreme
04-07-2011, 05:12 PM
If you are happy with what you have, perfect. Good luck. Peace GS

MiKron
04-07-2011, 05:22 PM
So far I am pretty happy with it, but I'm always open to feedback :)

I recently managed to pull 16g/45u bag out of 120g of dried frozen pre-mature trim (week 8/10), I believe it was mountain mist chopped way too early because the grower didn't like the strain/ it took too long. It turned out to dry out into a light brown color but when you pressed it, the inside was pure whiteish gold and the outside was golden brown, I wish I had some to take a pic of before I smoked it all. To my understanding when it turns white like that It's because the trics were pre-mature? Correct me if I am wrong though.

i.love.scotch
04-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Take pics next time! lol, the juicy fruit bubble sounds delicious. I'm surprised the 45u didn't lose any quality when you got rid of the 73u bag though. Wouldn't all the 73u material end up in the 45u bag essentially making it a mix between the quality levels of both?

MiKron
04-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Yea that's the idea, I needed something that I could actually touch with my fingers when it was dry lol. It's all for my own smoking I usually make bubble once per month or so. Next time I think I'll try a 90u bag in between the 110 and the 45 just to compare results.

AlexParadis
04-11-2011, 01:45 PM
a lot of method work but remember even if you want only 2 grade of hash nothing is more accurate than using 8 bag then mix what you want to keep together and throw away the rest and depending of the strain your favorite hash will be at a different size my full melt usually is between 150 mc and 120mc and my best seller is in the 45 and 25 mixed so it is near white and look like blond morrocan but cleaner and better i think that your strain is a full melt from the first to the last bag but your bigger pore size bag have too much plant matter to melt try sieving some trichome size through the bubble box everything will full melt especially if unpress

dontstepongrass
04-11-2011, 06:23 PM
in the 8 bag kit, the 220, 190, and 160 are ALL important for giving u cleaner sifts down the road IMO.

stay up.

dontstepongrass
04-11-2011, 06:48 PM
take clean 5 gal bucket...

get ur water cold ahead of time, by letting ice sit in it for 20 min b4hand...

no need to mix in 220 bag (makes it wear faster and can force contaminants thru the mesh) we mix just in 5 gal bucket, then pour it all into another bucket with the 220...

we don't stack bags, 1 bag at a time is poured thru...

have ur trim fresh frozen, and take it directly from freezer and put it into water...

if u can, source some JAGGED edged ice cubes (and not the round edged ones)...

hand stir (we use a boat oar) for 10 min or less imo then pour bucket into bucket containing the 220 bag and allow to sit for 30 min so trichs settle...

after this 30 min, we strain out the 220 bag leaving the hopefully golden mixture...

at this point, that mixture can b set aside since no plant material is floating in it risking the chlorophyll leaching out and the original material can b reran to obtain a second bucket of golden slurry, thus giving u your first and second runs both ready to pour thru bags back to back... (less fetching new bags if u run each one twice in a row) and the original material can then b ran again with fresh water/ice (slightly less obviously as u prob still have ice in bag)...

also should b noted, a dedicated pump sprayer full of clean RO water is crucial to rinsing sides of bags between each bag pull so that no trich is left behind!

also, it should b noted.... BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR TRICH HEADS!!!!!

handle them like the most precious cargo ever, heat and pressure is not what u want haha.... also, keeping the bubble paddy SLIGHTLY more damp than usual when u scoop it out from bottom of bag can make it alot easier on those really gooey strains...

use piece of clean paper towel, and throw ur wet hash on there DO NOT PRESS IT.... just the contact of the bubble paddy against the paper towel will WICK the moisture out of the paddy and from there it can b put on cardboard and chopped up (some people run the wet paddy thru a kitchen strainer to achieve more uniform bubble specks hehe)

happy bubblin'

peas.

p.s. it should b noted that after running the same material 2x (i never beat the piss outta it, i prefer a quality product) i save it and process it to make cannamilk as there is still some thc content even after the bubblemaking