PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed: Can I make hashoil (Rick Simpson) from Bubblehash?

Oaxacan
07-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Here is the situation,

I have a friend whose father has been diagnosed prostata cancer. Since the oil healed my mothers breast cancer last year, I believe in it as a cure for cancer and many other serious ilnesses. Now, the last time I made this oil I was using isopropyl alcohol as solvent to get the thc from the plant material (like shown in the Rick Simpson documentary). I dont like to work with solvents. Now I thought of one thing. I am making bubblehash since years now and of course I am avare that I use only pure water to get the resin from the plants, I love it because its pure and easy.

Can I make oil from bubblehash? I was also thinking I could make pills from the hash itself since the fullmelt is sticky enought to make balls with it just by touching it. But the father of my friend is more comfortable I think if I make oil for him.

Can you people helm me out?

I have some bubble right now, I just need to get 100% - 97% alcohol and put just little bit over the hash powder to make it melt. Then I was thinking to put it through a coffee filter and let the alcohol evaporate.

I would be thankful for any advice I can get

thanks and maximal respect

oax

Razz
07-05-2011, 02:42 PM
sorry to hear about your friends father. this is a hash site, we don't do oil here, we don't talk about oil, and we dont make oil.as a matter of fact, talking about oil is strictly forbidden here, however, if you are interested in ice and water extracted resin glands, or dry sifted glands, we will be more than glad to help out. please checkout our forum section.

YukonBikerGuy
07-08-2011, 05:07 AM
You might instead try a tincture made from bubblehash. Use a pure grain alchohol like Everclear or something similar. Or you can make it with vegetable glycerine, but it takes a longer soaking time.

You could also mix bubblehash with some coconut oil or grapeseed oil and put it into gelatin capsules and consume the hash that way. Mixing it with the lipids makes it much more absorbable by the GI tract.

The Rick Simpson method for consuming the active components of cannabis orally is not the only method. There are many choices for those who wish to stay away from harsh chemical extraction methods. Very pure high quality bubblehash is a concentrated and potent choice for oral medicine.

YBG

Oaxacan
08-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Thak you very much YukonBikerGuy, your advice is what I was surching for.

hmmmtastey
01-07-2012, 05:53 AM
I've been looking for a recipe for hash tincture, but have so far been unsuccessful... YBG do you have a process or any tips? At this point I'm pretty much just thinkin about going and getting some everclear or 151, whichever is cheaper... unless there is some better alternative, in California, to the 190 proof everclear?

Al-K-Mist
01-09-2012, 04:38 AM
There is just the 151 everclear or bacardi. We tried, and could find nothing. We made tintures from cannabis, yerba santa, spearmint, and mugwort(yuck).
We have used vegetable glycerine,it takes 6-12 months. but not w hashish. I dont see why it wouldnt work
As YBG said, coconut oil a great alternative to butter and can be substituted in many recipies. And glycerine can be used to make soda or candy

YukonBikerGuy
01-09-2012, 05:02 AM
Lately I Have been experimenting with coconut oil as a carrier as well, and find it very satisfactory. And fairly quick. Not really a tincture though. Works well in hot chocolate, or substituted for butter, margarine, or cooking oil in any recipie.

You can use the 151 proof rum or everclear for tincture. Works fine as a carrier, but in higher doses you can also get a bit of alcohol taste and buzz.

Bit of a note on my earlier advice about gelatine capsules... The oil carrier will disolve many types of capsules, unless you first mix it with powdered dextrose for a dry consistency, then pack it into capsules. A lot less messy for the handling as well.

YBG

hmmmtastey
01-09-2012, 05:31 AM
I got some everclear and added about an eighth of non-melt hash to about two shots, let it sit for a couple days and it has turned a nice dark brown color
http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad96/hmmmtastey/Image197.jpg
I put a small amount in a little dropper bottle, when I tested some last night I felt a very nice buzz after about 10 minutes and after about thirty minutes I was kind of giggly. Short lived effect, but it was just what I needed since I haven't been able to smoke because of my lungs. Used my friends vape today, dropped a few right afterwards and kicked me into overdrive and stimulated me somewhat.

I will probably try glycerin someday in the future, I've actually found recipes for that, however unfortunately the coconut oil is not an option because the fellow I provide with medicine most often, besides myself, is allergic to coconut anything. Most unfortunate is the fact that most glycerin is made from coconut and/or palm, one not being an option, the other possibly coming from the raping of the land.