PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Eugenegreens
09-07-2011, 03:48 AM
Hi all I am a medical patient from Oregon that got started in hash making with a simple process utilizing dry ice. I have been able to make some excellent tasting smokables but I am not quite to the full melt. I have ordered some larger 5 gallon bags and have been receiving steady supplies of materials so I am always working to improve.

I had a quick thought I wasn't sure if anyone had ever tested this but perhaps try running the dry ice extract through the work bag then utilize water for the final separation so that you can achieve greater separation. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated I have been trying to use a process that will waste less water/ice. I have previously been told by a french hash maker that there are tons of trichs that are wasted through the "catch" bag and you actually should let it settle then slowly remove water layer without disturbing remains. Any truth to this?

I have also read many techs and most suggest tap water. Is there no chance of chlorine etc that is present damaging your product? I am trying to think in terms of quality as well as medicinal grade meds.

Much love!

EG :cool1:

fmbcrew
09-07-2011, 02:30 PM
The only water my bags/trichomes see is RO.

Chloramine which our municipality uses apparently eats plastic faster than regular chlorine. Not sure what the thread is made out of but it could affect your bags adversely.

I just go with RO, no worries and better tasting hash

Eugenegreens
09-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Hehe I wish I had those I may just de-chlorinate with a bubbler as I've been doing for my plants :)