PDA

View Full Version : Stems in Bubble Bags?

Sh1zn1t
10-05-2011, 03:59 AM
Would you run stems from a matured plant through bubble bags? Its really all thats left of the plant and its sitting in a freezer right now.

If not, what would you recommend doing with them? I have a kief box and could run the "you know what" if thats the only option.

Let me know, hopefully soon. Looking to do this tonight. Thanks! :smoke1:

Green Supreme
10-05-2011, 04:02 AM
My friend in Norway did it. He was surprised both by the quantity and quality of the product. Peace GS

Sh1zn1t
10-05-2011, 04:11 AM
Ahh, thanks for the quick response. You think the bubble bags will get any holes in them from it? Its only my 2nd run.

Green Supreme
10-05-2011, 04:27 AM
He cut them into 2 inch chunks and agitated mildly. Shouldn't be too bad. Peace GS

Sh1zn1t
10-05-2011, 04:37 AM
Oh wow. Something so simple but I didn't think of it. Thanks for the help GS! Wish I could let you try the final product.

YukonBikerGuy
10-05-2011, 05:48 AM
I too have agitated sticks, stems, and rolling tray scraps gently in the Bubblenow, and was pleasantly suprised by the results. Got me through tough times for sure.

YBG

anonymouse
10-06-2011, 11:33 PM
Wouldn't it be smarter to agitate OUTSIDE of the bag first and then strain with a metal strainer and then into the work bag?

YukonBikerGuy
10-07-2011, 05:37 AM
No. If you only had bags and a bucket, maybe. It would save wear on the bag to mix outside the bag, but still skip the metal strainer. The bag is plenty strong enuff to strain the sticks in, just dont squeze them in the workbag.

The Bubblenow comes with an all-220µ mesh zippered and tied closed bag for washing the material in. (Again, do not squeeze stick batches in it) The water drains out of the Bubblenow machine and into the 220µ work bag ect in the buckets. Any particulate that works its way out during mixing is caught in the upper bags, but its generally not much, depending on the starting materials.

YBG

Sh1zn1t
10-08-2011, 01:03 AM
No. If you only had bags and a bucket, maybe. It would save wear on the bag to mix outside the bag, but still skip the metal strainer. The bag is plenty strong enuff to strain the sticks in, just dont squeze them in the workbag.

The Bubblenow comes with an all-220µ mesh zippered and tied closed bag for washing the material in. (Again, do not squeeze stick batches in it) The water drains out of the Bubblenow machine and into the 220µ work bag ect in the buckets. Any particulate that works its way out during mixing is caught in the upper bags, but its generally not much, depending on the starting materials.

YBG

Hmmm, that is my situation though. I only have a 5 bag set, a bucket, and a paint stirrer. I still am yet to run these stems. I will have to think about this one, but I'll probably agitate in a separate bucket and skip the metal strainer.

Green Supreme
10-08-2011, 02:27 AM
Stir by hand. I did it for years before I got my Bubblenow. Peace GS

YukonBikerGuy
10-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Stirring by hand would be an excellent choice if You have the arm power for it.

Mixing in a seperate bucket, skipping the metal strainer, and then pouring into the 220µ workbag sounds like a viable option to protect the bags.

YBG

Sh1zn1t
10-13-2011, 02:17 AM
Sounds good guys. Don't want to hurt my little investment haha.

But as far as hand stirring goes, you notice a much better quality? I'm down to do it by hand, but by like the 3rd or 4th run you're doing an arm workout pretty much haha. Last time I tried it I did a hand stir with a little light mixing with a paint stirrer drill bit. I'll probably go with a hand stir on this batch to see if I can notice a difference.