PDA

View Full Version : MC One's Bubble

MC ONE
12-12-2011, 10:45 PM
High yall, I've been lurkin for a while and thought I'd show off my hard work.
Still working on getting my dry sift method refined, but using semi-fresh frozen trim and 'B grade' buds combined with a 5 minute hand stir using either steel or wooden spoons I've made some nice melty hash.. Here are some ice water pictures,

Red color is Vortex, Gold is Chernobyl, The paper clip photo is Vanilla Kush and the cookie is a mixed run of 12 strains.

Bubbleman
12-13-2011, 04:08 PM
Very nice bro.. thanks for sharing...love your photos.. and your watermark..

Look foreward to more from you... glad you stopped lurking and started posting

Bubble man

MC ONE
12-13-2011, 09:50 PM
:bongin: :)

Thanks BMan, I like to bubble one plant at a time, here is some Fire OG from last night. Five minute stir with a slotted wooden spoon. Material was silver A+ trim with B grade buds.

I ran this variety last week and knew the 90 and 45ui would be a waste of time, so I ran the 190, 160, 120 and 25 so the 25ui collected my stash and the 120ui is the back-up. 160 is for cooking and 190 is trash / contaminant..

I prefer not to even use the pressing screen the hash is metal spooned out of the bag into food safe glass ware. Here are some photos after 16 hours of drying I scraped and chopped the dish.

Hashbean filled me in about using a utility blade in an Exacto handle, I bought the XL Exacto so it gives more blade support. Square Pyrex dishes are best to reclaim trichome transfer.

Oh and I nearly forgot about this 2nd stir 73-25ui (aka chose to run no 45 bag) Pre 98 Bubba from last week's run.
Great stone but no domes. Helped with the muscle tension from two hand stirs of the Fire OG, the first five and the second ten minutes.

Peace, stay irie.
Medical Cannabis One

MC ONE
03-05-2012, 05:04 AM
Using this method, a new bamboo spoon, 5 minute hand stir, and a Vietnam sativa known as China Black it is easy to make ice water hash :D Here are some shots of the 25ui from last week.
12020 12021 12022 12023

I supposed it might of helped that she was so resinous that the trichomes actually ruptured and reformed into a giant trichome ball.

Farmers have grown out cannabis seeds searching for The Sticky One since before recorded history. In my own quest cracking seed after seed I have seen many varieties pass by - choosing only to continue a select few. Of these only one other variety, a random leda uno x white widow x lambs bread cross has ever displayed the phenomena I am about to reveal in macro photographs for the world to drool over.

Sometimes when growing DANK you get clusters of trichomes that look like forests as the glandular heads swell to maximum capacity, dwarfing the diameter of the stalk. When moving my plants around for hand watering some of these forests get smashed against another leaf of calyx (ovum) and creates strings of THC. Then, and only if you've done proper selection for the most resin production, will your plant go into overdrive and create massive THC droplets. These amazingly medicinal plants are very rare and quite elusive when starting seed stock, and known quite appropriately to seasoned farmers as 'The Sticky One.' Hash farmers seek out these sacred plants hidden within the genetic code of cannabis because their trichome heads will stay sticky even after the resin powder dries.

We are talking about the unicorn of the cannabis world. A resin freak, which can create droplets of trichomes the size of dinner peas. Now, the first time InI saw these appear in mid flower I thought something had dripped onto my plants, so I scraped it off, and reluctantly ate it after not being able to decide it wasn't trichomes. It tasted just like the juicy golden spears smelled in late flower and was quite refreshing and floral. The next day when the lights came on these droplets had literally regrown from the trichomes around them and the residue that was left. This was many years ago and photography wasn't on the level it is today..

Luckily, photographic equipment has progressed as we can document things better than most crime labs now days. Here are some shots of 'The Sticky One', #4, Aka LUMP from the China Black Mystery Mix at day 69. There are some air bubble inside from the paper clip I poked it with to taste it. It was akin to the first experience, and floral like the purest dry sift hash.

12025 12027 12028 12029

The trichome ball even dripped onto the flower below

Keep it cloudy
Bless

Bubbleman
03-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Hey once again MC one great shots and information.. i really enjoyed reading it. Never seen that large formation of glandular matter.. i have seen the stalk split on a cannabis plant and exude a sappy resin. I wonder if its the same.. only yours happened inside the plant?
have you tried removing a few of these for smoking? was it bitter and spicy on your tongue when you ate it? or more like maple syrup?

let me know would love to know the answers to these questions..
come check us out in video chat some time wouldnt mind talking in person

Bubble man

MC ONE
03-05-2012, 08:01 PM
This is the only ball that I have had in the last 20+ crops since the last balls appeared. Different flowering room and different variety since I have last seen the balls form.
The temps never got above 76F under the 1000w as this is a winter crop. I have only seen this phenomena with sativa dominant varieties thus far. It was bitter like the smell of G13 but also tasted incredibly floral like the smell and taste of the hash pictured. I hand water and what I believe happened was the plants got moved around and banged up rupturing a forest of trichome heads during peak production.
You can see in the photos that the trichome stalks are still attached and feed into the ball.
I added it to my scissor hash during trimming so it wouldn't drip off of the flower during line drying after complete live manicure.
I too have seen branches produces some sap, especially in damaged areas, but this was on the tip of the head cola of a large, primarily landrace, sativa plant.
Love to hear more input, can you chat without a video feed?

MC ONE
03-05-2012, 08:04 PM
By on the tip of the cola I mean it formed in the valley where two node sites' flowers grew together on the flower.

I forgot to mention the hash pictured is after a 2 week drying time before entering the curing jar.

Bless