PDA

View Full Version : Water Cure Starting Material

shmalphy
12-19-2011, 02:39 AM
Has anyone here ever tried to water cure before making bubble?

I feel like it would be a good idea in the following situations, where you are dealing with less that ideal starting material:

a) already dried buds, shake or trim can be reconstituted

b) chemmy buds can be leached

c) dirty trim can be washed

d) powdery mildew can be removed in a h2o2 bath, then rinsed in fresh water

In any event, using a variation of a water cure could help improve finished product in these situations. Has anyone here ever tried water curing their starting material, and if so how do you feel it affected the finished product?

ksteslicki
12-24-2011, 07:25 AM
I do this every time, not sure about the uses you listed though...

shmalphy
12-25-2011, 03:45 PM
What technique do you use? A typical multi day water cure, or just a single soak and drain?

hmmmtastey
12-26-2011, 05:56 PM
I have leached chemmy buds before I smoked them, and when I grew, I experimented with water curing my hydro grown buds. I have been contemplating doing this with product before I bubbled it, but until now I have not had anything that needed it. The other day I received a few rather large bags of trim and buds that are moldy, we were going to make some kind of oil out of them, but I might try this on some of it... I'm just VERY iffy about using moldy or potentially moldy product in my $300+ set of bubblebags...

My technique has always been to put the product in a large enough basin filled with water and put a board or plank over top of them so that they are COMPLETELY submerged; again cover the basin to keep it all nice and dark. Every day drain your basin of water, being very careful to keep the product safe (you can take it out for the draining if you use, say, your bathtub), now fill it up with fresh clean water, repeat step one. Continue the entire process for 7 days or until the water is no longer green/brown and/or murky. Now you'll notice something, your product will no longer be green; in the case of trim, who cares, in the case of bud, it lowers your bag appeal and bag weight, but increases potency and smoothness of the smoke. Stick your trim in the freezer, or your bud in the dehydrator in low until it's dry. After having done this with bud I can tell you the ash burns to a clean white after all is said and done, so I would assume that any hash made with bud or trim cured this way aught to do the same... It's worth a shot I'd say!

Trichey
01-14-2012, 04:35 PM
I have done the same 7 day water cure on buds before except I dry them in the oven on low heat with the door open. Its amazing the sludge that leeches out of even apparently clean bud, makes me glad I dont smoke bud. I figure that water hash doesn't need a pre water cure as the agitation sort of beats the grime out instantly, we all see how brown the bubble water gets, and besides your just collecting the trichomes. The stuff that comes out in a water cure is from the plant material not the trichomes.

hmmmtastey
01-15-2012, 12:00 PM
In many cases, you can leech heavy metals from the buds (and yes, the trichomes) with a water cure. When thinking about this, you do have to keep in mind that the trichomes themselves do absorb the nutrients and other things you feed to your plant. It is for this reason that care must be taken when growing to get the cleanest, purest product possible; it is also for this reason that cannabis has been planted in places like Chernobyl.