PDA

View Full Version : Drinking The Water

shmalphy
12-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Has anyone here tried drinking the water left behind from bubble? I have given it to my plants, but never tried it myself. I saw somewhere that you can make beverages out of it. Has anyone tried this? Any recipes?

When I use purple sugar trim, I get really purple water, I would assume this is loaded with anti oxidants. I know that a fresh juice like that would have to be refrigerated, but should I pasteurize it, or leave it raw?

I plan to boil it, and put it into quart mason jars to give to friends for xmas along with some other things:smoke1:. I just want a recipe/instructions for use to go along with this exotic gift, and I don't want anyone to get food poisoning.

shmalphy
12-22-2011, 07:30 PM
OK so I gave it a whirl. I will post pics in a bit.

I started with 124g (wet) of fresh frozen sugar trim, and hand crushed ice. I used 2 one gallon buckets, and ran one bag at a time. I did 2 very short runs about 4 mins each, freezing the material in between, then froze it over night. I used the same water for both runs, but extracted a quart from the first run, to make room for rinse water. I ran it through a 220, 160, 110, 90, and 45 bag. I have several beautiful lumps of full melt curing, pics to follow.

I got 1 quart of bright yellow, cloudy liquid on the first run, and 4 more after the second. In the morning I took the 220 bag with leaf and ice out of the freezer, and gave a final 15 mix, then let rest, and used a 160 and 45 only, and got another gallon of water. The second batch has more flavor, as it has had a longer soak, but they seem pretty consistent.

It produces a decently strong buzz with about 4-8oz, and tastes just like tincture and water, sort of a ginger flavor. I am guessing this is based on strain though. I used a local clone only strain called StawBubbaFunk (Strawberry Cough x [Deep Funk x Bubba Kush]) I plan to order TLC kits soon, and do extensive testing on the water, and will report back with my data. I have a few recipes in mind, but I will wait to test them.

Right now I drink it fresh, but I am looking at either pasteurizing it, or adding citric acid to stabilize shelf life. Anyone have any recommendations on a method of preservation?

I am getting a juicer soon (my sister has a JuiceMan juicer she said I can have:smoke1:), my first recipe is going to be pineapple ginger lime. I will let you all know how it turns out. It seems like we might be getting a whole new product (new to me anyway) from our bags, and hence more harvested cannabinois.

No trichome left behind!

hmmmtastey
12-27-2011, 02:57 AM
I have tried some of the water after a run and also some of the water spewing out of my draining bubblenow; it is quite refreshing when it is fresh, but it is ICE cold!
My roommate assured me that he could brew a sort of "hemp ale" with it, but when I actually let him try he admitted he had no idea what he was doing and needed to do research, which he never did, so it basically sat and yes, it cultured yeast, but it also molded... So much for adding yeast some of the pound of yeast we have.

I am very interested to try making something good with the stuff leftover, it seems almost a waste to run it to waste; I know there is still stuff in there because I don't use the 25 bag most of the time.
I don't have a juicer but sure I could adapt somehow. Please share when you come up with somethin' good! :-D