PDA

View Full Version : Question about Filling up the BubbleNow

KushQueen
01-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Ok, after lurking around on the internet at hash forums and videos I have noticed that there are two different ways to fill up the machine. I have noticed that Bubbleman's method/technique is to put the ice in the bag with the product and fill the machine with just water, as where another Hash maker fills the machine with ice, ice in the bag with the product, and then fills the machine with water. Now after seeing this, I have a couple of questions; which method is better? does the straight up ice in the machine ruin and or harm the machine overall life span? Any insight or comments on this would be greatly appreciated!

hmmmtastey
01-05-2012, 11:15 PM
I could not tell as to the effects on machine or bag lifespan, but I have tried both methods with my Bubblenow XL. Personally I prefer to fill the machine with ice while having only a little ice in the workbag, 1/2 full if it's dry frozen trim, 3/4 full if it's fresh frozen trim. I tend to use between 50 and 70 pounds of ice per run depending and my machine is filled very similarly to how Matt Rize fills his machine.

Having tried both methods with the same trim because I wanted to see if there was a difference, the ice in the workbag actually didn't pull as much product, AND it was not as potent, a lot more green matter, not all of which could be washed out easily. You do use more ice by filling the machine instead of the bag, but there are few problems pertaining to lack of ice or the water not being cold enough, and I find you do not have to add more ice throughout the process vs filling the workbag with ice.

Based on my results after having tried this recently, I will only ever fill my machine about the way Matt Rize does it (with a few tweaks of course)... Sorry Bubbleman

KushQueen
01-08-2012, 10:55 PM
I could not tell as to the effects on machine or bag lifespan, but I have tried both methods with my Bubblenow XL. Personally I prefer to fill the machine with ice while having only a little ice in the workbag, 1/2 full if it's dry frozen trim, 3/4 full if it's fresh frozen trim. I tend to use between 50 and 70 pounds of ice per run depending and my machine is filled very similarly to how Matt Rize fills his machine.

Having tried both methods with the same trim because I wanted to see if there was a difference, the ice in the workbag actually didn't pull as much product, AND it was not as potent, a lot more green matter, not all of which could be washed out easily. You do use more ice by filling the machine instead of the bag, but there are few problems pertaining to lack of ice or the water not being cold enough, and I find you do not have to add more ice throughout the process vs filling the workbag with ice.

Based on my results after having tried this recently, I will only ever fill my machine about the way Matt Rize does it (with a few tweaks of course)... Sorry Bubbleman

Thanks for the point of view, I wish there was more insight from different people. I really want to know if filling the machine with the ice will effect the life span on the motor or not, cause that would not be good. In the past I have been filling up the machine and the bag with ice, and I have gotten excellent results, but I am very interested in trying out Bubblemans technique soon with some Kush to be able to compare the differences. I would love to not have to fill the machine with ice, I think it would be nicer to just fill up the bag. Thanks for your insight!

hmmmtastey
01-09-2012, 12:12 AM
It definitely uses less ice if you don't fill up the entire machine, however you do tend to have to add a little and/or insulate your machine to make sure it stays as cold as possible, and like I said earlier, I haven't like the results.

When I have actually have my own supply to hash instead of hashing for other people, I plan to experiment a lot more with it to get the optimal effect, which it seems I may have already achieved, but I will never take no or "that the best you can do" for an answer.

I couldn't imagine it would effect the motor too much as these things are originally designed as clothes washing machines, which, when wet, can be quite heavy and somewhat rough on a motor like that. I do not however have any way to test such a thing...

Perhaps this is something Bubbleman himself might be willing to test and report back on?