PDA

View Full Version : can you make a print or syringe from dried mushroom?

Al-K-Mist
01-08-2012, 08:40 PM
A friend of a friend recieved 3 nice mushies in exchange for a stick of sage. Helluva trade.
Well, he knows about starting from prints or syringes,he's just never grown fungus. Can he make a print or syringe from a dried one? Cyanescens, me thinks...hopefully...
Any help is appriciated

Al-K-Mist
01-08-2012, 10:16 PM
It has to work
He removed the stems from 3 small mushrooms and there was a veil covering the gills, so the spores hadn't went anywhere, right?
He then laid out the three caps and will report to me later. Hope it works for him

hmmmtastey
01-09-2012, 12:14 AM
It should work, I don't have much experience with it though, just have friends who are into mycology, I'm a botany/horticulture guy. Let us know how it works for you, best of luck!

Al-K-Mist
01-09-2012, 03:56 AM
Fuck. Not anything. My guess is that when drying, the spores dry into the gills or something.
Drats! Foiled again!
Is bartering for legit shit permitted on this site?
Namaste'

hmmmtastey
01-09-2012, 05:14 AM
Did you try wetting them down before you tried to get the print? Might help, just a thought.

Al-K-Mist
01-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Actually, no, he didnt.
I will tell him. I doubt the psilocybin or psilocin would bee affected by a little dampness, although he jumped into the ocean with a couple grams in a baggie in his pocket, (DOH!), and they turned to black mush. he wasnt planning on doing them that day, so doesnt know if they were fucked up. And, they'd not bee soaked, either.
Thanks, he will try.
Namaste

hmmmtastey
01-10-2012, 03:56 AM
If you're trying to get a spore print of the same caps that already got wet, then that might be your problem. The spores could have already been washed out, hence the black... But I don't really know since I have little experience, just seems the obvious thing, if they aren't the same caps as those that went "ocean diving" then I am at a loss.

And by the way, in response to your bartering question, I believe (don't quote me) that in Oregon you are allowed to have the spores for experimentation, not sure about the caps though; regardless, in any state, it is somewhat treacherous line to toe.

Al-K-Mist
01-11-2012, 01:23 AM
No, those were thrown away on the way home.
Definitely allowed to have spores for mycroscopic experimentation. Caps, nowhere in the us I know of, except POSSIBLY NM.
Will try to moisten and print one, maybe.
Thank You

Green Supreme
01-11-2012, 05:18 AM
You should maybe join shroomery.org and ask there. They have many folks there quite knowledgeable in this area. Good luck. Peace GS

arkady
01-11-2012, 11:03 AM
I was totally gunna suggest shroomery, mushrooms typically drop spores for around a day after they are picked but sometimes even less. You still might be able to tease mycelium out of that mushroom if your lucky.

Al-K-Mist
03-21-2012, 03:46 PM
Thank you all. Yep, joined shroomery
That fish swimming in the umpqua river said that he procured a syringe of Ps. cyanescens, started 4 liquid cultures, 3 didnt do shit, one took off
this LC was then innoculated to 2 more LC- doing awesome- and 2jars birdseed-green mold

So, he plans to pressure cook more birdseed and wood chips from the kindling pile, and innoculate.
Psilocybe cyanescens is native to the PNW, so thats good. and a woodloving mushroom, more involved than PF cakes which it wont fruit on(needs lignin)
Pics if it ever fruits(only choices are fridge, or fall/winter, as it doesnt fruit till late)
This is at least 2X the potency of cubensis, and he will also experiment with adding tryptamine to a LC next time, see if there IS a difference