PDA

View Full Version : Orange oil and THC?

hmmmtastey
02-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Now, I don't know if y'all know, but I recently discovered that DMT and mescaline can be produced using (in the simplest terms)"non-chemical" constituents, such as Lime and Limonene (referred to as LimTek), and are made to be completely food grade.

Now here's the question, I know how people on this site feel about solvent, but I was wondering if anyone had every tried or thought about using D-limonene to try to make concentrated THC, it's completely natural, coming from the byproduct/peels of oranges. Now technically D-limonene is a non-polar solvent, (in example, butane is non-polar, and ethanol is polar). THC crystals are coated in a non-polar wax, effectively making THC 'non-polar'.

I've used D-limonene for everything from cleaning the stove or the bong to "flavoring" tinctures and salves, it's completely safe to use and even consume. D-limonene has actually been shown to improve Gastrointestinal fortitude, especially in those with gout.

If no one has ever tried such a thing, I might be willing to test it myself. Still if no one is interested it wouldn't be worth it to post any results

Again, I know how people on this site feel about solvents, but I was hoping this would be acceptable, even as just a discussion topic, if it's not, I will promptly delete this thread.

Blaze on friends and acquaintances! :RastaBong:

Dr. D
02-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Interesting for sure, give it a try and see what happens. What is the consistency of the D-limonene? Is it an oil? Will it leave residues? Does it evaporate off and leave a residue?

hmmmtastey
02-03-2012, 01:37 AM
The Limonene is a liquid somewhat similar to glycerin, though probably not as thick. I know, at least in the case of DMT, my guy keeps a lil of the limonene in the finished product so that it has a better flavor, doesn't seem to leave residue, but I haven't tested it myself, I'll check it out. However I do believe the Limonene I have is food grade, which is no less than 90% pure, but no more than 95% pure; technical grade is 95%+ pure.

I just love the idea of orange-flavored/extracted hash, no nasty solvents and orange flavor!