PDA

View Full Version : Super fine crushed DRY shake questions

AetvsDominvs
07-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Hello All!

Just got my setup today; 5-gal 8 bags.
Been searching a lurking here but can't find anything specifically about the RIGHT was to do this with dry material. Everyone is talking about fresh frozen stuff. Should I like re-hydrate this and freeze it before I throw it in the bags? Just rehydrate it? Does it matter at all; can I just toss the dry stuff in and start mixing? Also, I see some info about gram weight of fresh/frozen material to use in a 5 gallon setup but nothing about how that might equate to this dried stuff. It's a little powdery I'm afraid it might just clog up the screen in the bottom of the first bag and I'm not going to find anything further down.

Advice?
Thanks!
AetvsDominvs

YukonBikerGuy
07-22-2008, 08:37 PM
check this:
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/showthread.php?t=705

Dry material works fine. I would try not to powder it up too much, the less particulate the better. You can see in the post for low quality shake I just put it in dry at room temp. Its more important to have fresh bud trim (or dry bud trim for that matter) frozen before starting so that all the stalks on the millions of glandular trichomes ( the frosty goodness) get brittle and break off easily. You could let it sit in the cold water and ice in the bucket for 5-10 minutes first before mixing to get it all chilled, 4 degrees C is about perfect temp for mixing material. Dont worry about the bags getting clogged, but with lots of powdered material what happens is you will have more contaminate in the 190u and 160u bags. The heady goodness will still make it down. The Bubblenow machine's instructions say that maximum loads for the zipper bag are 200g dry or 500g wet, and mixing in the bucket should be similar maximums.

IMHO the best ice hash comes from fresh frozen bud trim. My buddy swears by his dried bud trim, and is happy with his hash. I personally wouldnt waste time trying fresh veg trim or shake, just run it dry. I do it like that, and I never let it chill, just lots of ice and water.

Good luck, hope this helps.

AetvsDominvs
07-22-2008, 11:51 PM
Thanks YukonBikerGuy! It's moslty dry bud shake from a bunch of white widow plants that were a week from cropping out when they died and everything dried right on the stem (I was out of town and one of the pumps on the hydro system failed!!!) It was a disaster that made for some terrible smoke so I just stripped the tinder try buds right off the stems, they basically just crumble in your hand, and thats what I'm working with - it's super crystal-ly and sticky so I'm hoping for some return but its my first run with the bags. I'll post some pics after the first run! I've got pounds of this shit so no big deal if fuck it up the first time around.
Thanks!
AvDv

Bubbleman
07-23-2008, 01:15 AM
Hey aetvsDominvs, welcome to the site.
Yukon pretty much gave ya the answer you were looking for, but i wanted to say whats up as well.
I have gotten some incredible melty product with bone dry bud and trim in the past, but it does require a gentler mix and of course more ice. As long as you soak it in the water for a little while, 15min's, before mixing this will ensure the bud will be less brittle than if you just dump it in and start mixing.
let us know how it works out for you.
also i would do a small dry sift extraction from this material if i were you to potentialy mix back with your bubble, depending on the levels of alcohol soluble terpenes.

Good luck

Bubble man

AetvsDominvs
07-24-2008, 03:14 PM
BubbleMan, I've got to hand it to you. There are a lot of junk products hyped up all over the internet and in mags related to this "industry". I've been duped a few times.

I'm stating something here that everyone who owns a set of these already knows.

Your Bubble Bags are not in this category. I'm not only floored by how well the process works and how well documented it all is and how good the community is for support and information sharing, but also by the quality of your product itself. The bags are correctly constructed and will obviously, with proper care, last for years, hundreds or even thousands of runs. They're the antithesis of cheap chinese junk. The 8-bag 5-gal kit I purchased from your site worked perfectly, better than advertised.

I've yeilded back over 13 oz's of fine hash from 7 1/2 lbs of what I though was a total-loss crop, in about 18 runs through almost 150lbs of ice, in two days flat. I'm using the rest of the ice to mix up a couple 5 gallon hash buckets full of Cabo Marg's at the BBQ this weekend.

It's not the quality of some of the pics I have seen on this site because I had to use extermely dry and very crushed shake and there's some leaf dust in it but my 45u bag dredged up huge spoonfulls on every run and the smoke is just fine. My digi cam is MIA so no pics but you've all seen it before anyhow.

Anyway just wanted to say thanks for putting such a high quality product out there and pulling together this community to help us n00bs get up and running.

Cheers!
AeDv

Green Supreme
07-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Glad things worked out for you man. Trash to stash, what a beauty option. Peace GS

Bubbleman
07-24-2008, 06:47 PM
wow thanks so much for the kind words dude, i am always happy to hear them>
I think our product is a stand up product for sure, and i hear it often enough but i gotta admit, its always nice to hear again> If my customers are happy and producing the product that they should be, that puts an extra big smile on my face.
I am happy that you recognize the quality of our bags, as well as the community we are trying to build here.
thanks for being a part of it, and sharing with us your honesty>

Big up the bubble heads..

Bubble man

YukonBikerGuy
07-24-2008, 08:07 PM
Awesome mang, glad you got some great hash from your garbage. What a wonderful recovery. You're right the bags are great, and if you add a Bubblenow machine to do the mixing, you will be even more impressed and happy than you are now.

I just did a batch of dry White Widow buds and frosty trim at a buddy's (YBG's mobile hash lab, lol) and it came out awsome. The 73u seems the best, but the 90u and 45u are nice too. He has a 3 bag set of jobber bags from Quebec, mesh size not documented, anywhere. They make hash, but IMO only so-so. This guy is all about yield, and he was reluctant to see how splitting the hash into so many grades wasn't 'losing' volume. I took over my Bubblenow and my 8 Bubblebags, and tried to show him the light, explaining Bubblebag theory & technique along the way through 2 batches. Dunno yet if the conversion took, lol. Great hash from the runs at any rate, love that 73u WW, niiiiiiiiiiiice. Think I'll GonG the rest of that right now..... mmmmmmmm

Peace