PDA

View Full Version : Wtf did I do wrong?

Hashrabit
02-05-2012, 09:06 PM
Ok, so I came up on about three pounds of fresh airy early buds and leaf, buddy thinned out the bottoms, material looked and smelled great! Did three runs, 3-6-15 with 5 gal work bag, then ran through, my 8 bag 1 gal set. Decent returns, looks great! BUT!!!!! Every last bit of it tastes like a wet stinky sock! I let a few of the bigger nugs dry and they did not taste this way. Clean water, ice, bags, buckets, never had bubble come out this gag me with a spoon gross.

Slayer
02-10-2012, 01:51 AM
I'm not exactly sure dude, did you freeze the buds first ? Were the buds still fresh when frozen or starting to go a bit soft ? Slightly off bud is the only reason I can think of ....

Bubbleman
02-10-2012, 03:40 PM
well working in the 5 gallon bucket and pouring into the 1 gallon bucket is right off the bat not something you would want to do. generaly the one gallon bags are set up to mix 1 gallon worth of water and bud.. However if you mix 5 gallons of water and material... when you go to pour thru your bags.. the contaminants in your top bags are going to be much greater than what the bags are designed for and will start trapping valuable gland heads inside the contaminant.
Also how you dry the bubble is always important.. break it up into powder and let it dry properly on cardboard.. now if you've done all that.. its very hard to say where you made your mistake.. but guaranteed bubblebags do not make herb taste like nasty wet stinky socks..
maybe more information is needed
Let us know

Bubble man

Hashrabit
02-10-2012, 05:30 PM
Frozen for two weeks, ala YGB. Ran 160u bag in 5 gal, idea was to remove all garbage in 5 gal, so that the 1gal bags would deal with the ammount I was running. This has always worked well for me, I run qps of dry sift through my 1gal set to refine, so no difference right?

After chucking over 13g. Of sticky unsmokable fruit of my toil down the drain, I began toscratch my head.

Please, take note, learn from my mistake. This material was taken while plant was still being heavily fertilized. My best bet is that the herb was sweating chemicals, and since I took it fresh to the freezer, it had no time to evap, sweat out, whatever.
In other words, I have some labels to find, and poison control to call.
Peace!