PDA

View Full Version : A few questions for the experts...

Bleezy
03-02-2012, 04:22 AM
Gonna try a run tomorrow and wanted to get a couple questions out of the way first.

The pressing screen:

I dont have one. But i've read somewhere its 25m and i can use the last bags screen, True/false?

I watched a vid where dude is using his pressing screen with a towel around it and pressing down on it as hard as he can, but from other things i've seen it says don't press wet hash. Which one is it?

Color/consistency:

What i've been doing (since i had nothing to go by) was just putting the globs straight from the pulled bags onto paper plates and letting them sit out til they were dry a few days later, and turn into a darker almost black colored patty. Last time after i pulled the bags i put them on the paper plate except this time i used an old gift card to spread it out (thinkin it would get moisture out) into a thinner layer. It dried into a light powder within a day that was complete crap. I doubt either of these ways r the way to do it so any help would be appreciated.

hmmmtastey
03-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Use the 'pressing screen' on a towel to soak the brunt of the moisture out of the hash. Don't ever press wet hash, break it up with a card or something of the like, on, I prefer unbleached parchment on a towel in a pan, but others here will tell you cardboard(gets lil hairs in your product). Turn or 're-chop' the product daily or twice daily to make sure everything dries, and that is the basics. Have fun with your smoke

Bleezy
03-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Thanks tasty. North of the bay? Im in Sac!

fullmeltbubble
03-03-2012, 07:12 AM
The pressing screen should actually be named the "blotting screen"....for sure never press wet hash.....the finer you can "chop" the hash the better.....if you press wet hash or let it sit as a "glob" you run the serious risk of mold

YukonBikerGuy
03-05-2012, 12:09 AM
Never press wet hash.

My vote still goes to "Wicking Screen". I set mine on a stack of paper towels and the moisture wicks out of the hash patties. Then I use cardboard, and chop the patties as fine as possible to dry. Lately I have been using parchment paper on the cardboard for less sticking and fibers in the hash. Be sure to let it fully dry before storing or pressing (if you must).

YBG