PDA

View Full Version : Custom Zippo by Andy ?

BigManNew
03-13-2012, 01:49 AM
Hey FMB, long time no post from me. Im glad to see the community still thriving!

I was recently browsing some photos from an acquaintance of mine. I found out he has been searching for this exotic custom Zippo from his past. He says that it has a roach clip attached to the key chain, The mouth piece telescopes out from the lid of the lighter, and the bowl is in the lid as well. I can't recall what the item is on the left of the picture. It was made by an artist named Andy with no last name in the signature. The dates in which people remember seeing this trinket are between the 1970's and mid 80's. The only other information I have is that it may have originated from Venice Beach, CA. If anyone has any information on this unique device please post it here; If you happen to have similar pictures of your own feel free to post them as well of course.

BigManNew
03-13-2012, 01:54 AM
In addition it looks to me as though all the pieces are telescoping not just the mouthpiece, and they should all fit neatly into the lighter. I find this to be a truly intriguing custom "modded" Zippo.

I may have made a mistake; not Venice beach, more likely the Bay area. Here I quote the OP from where he posted the pic...."The inside of the lid is a bowl, the mouthpiece telescopes out and it lights itself, roach clip comes out of the chain and a little collapsing spoon that locks into the bottom of the zippo."

UGH third edit: lets just generalize the location as California lol. Also Possibly sold as 'Andy's Underground Pipes'

Cannabot
03-23-2012, 12:00 PM
Hey man, I saw the zippo posted on reddit and am now obsessed with finding it. Found your post searching for 'transformer zippo' or something like that lol.

BTW why shouldn't friends let friends use BHO? My friend made some the other day and it was really great, we make it once every couple months... Oh, is this a bubble bags forum? lol

Peace and best of fortune in your search.

BigManNew
03-25-2012, 09:36 PM
10 characters I edited this post. delete it.