PDA

View Full Version : Bubble XL Care and Cleaning questions?

bubbleboldt
03-14-2012, 02:29 AM
Hi I want to make sure I am taking the best care of my machine, what techniques do you all use for cleaning it? I have basically just been flushing it out after every use, but have trouble getting into the vent on the left side, which seems to be accumulating stuff... also, when I purchased it I was told by the store that the little switch thing on the right side (inside) should be in the "Up" position, but I haven't seen any mention of that anywhere... Is that correct?

Thanks!!

707danksmoker
03-17-2012, 05:20 PM
Id love to know the answer to these questions as well. Basically I just flush mine out after every use with clean water. Shouldnt there be some sort of filter on the siphon pump as well that may need eventual cleaning?

Bubbleman
03-17-2012, 05:41 PM
I've always just rinsed mine with the hose.. if its really dirty i will fill it up and do a small mix of just water.. and rinse and repeat those steps till its clean as a whistler.
Not sure about the little switch.. but will get back to you on that one.

Peace
Bubble man

707danksmoker
03-18-2012, 03:45 PM
^^^^ Thanks bubbleman much love as always

bubbleboldt
03-21-2012, 04:26 AM
Thanks! That is basically what I am doing as well for the cleaning... I have thought about using a mild cleaner on it, but I don't want to risk contamination... And yea, any info on that switch would be awesome!

hmmmtastey
03-22-2012, 07:43 AM
I fiddled around with the switch in the inside a bit, basically what I noticed: if it is down at all, even an inch, the water drains out at a noticeably lower level. I have been able to fill my machine almost to the brim (not saying you should) and not had it drain as long as the hose was up, but when I lowered that switch just an inch or so water started spewing from the hose. So given that I'd say leave it up at the top, no need to fiddle with it unless you're actually doing a small load... of laundry... even then, it's a small enough machine, why bother?
Edit: I have also run bleached water and water with isopropanol through the machine to clean with with seemingly no ill effects, unless you count a sparkly clean machine as ill effects...