PDA

View Full Version : Drying methods

707danksmoker
03-18-2012, 11:04 PM
Now im sure there is already a thread on this, but i could not find what im looking for.
So basically ive been having a problem with curing high quality bubble. After i use a press screen, run it threw a strainer to granulize it onto cardboard let it dry for about 36-75 hours gather it up and put it into air tight curing jars.
Here in lies the problem ive been noticing with higher quality bubble, once it seems to be as dry as sand and put into an air tight container it will then almost form itself together into a solid again. Anyone else having this issue?
Maybe not letting it sit long enough?

poplars
07-02-2012, 10:30 PM
yeah I let mine cure in a hot cupboard (90f outside) for a couple of days before pressing. then after pressing I keep it in a place that still gets warm but in an air tight container.

707danksmoker
07-09-2012, 01:14 AM
yeah im against pressing and against letting my product dry in a location that is anywhere near 90f, i think that it needs to dry in a medium range temp not too hott not to cold for the conditions to be ideal. But at the same time i find it hard to get my bubble to be completely without moisture until it has been cured for months and months and months

Evergreen
07-09-2012, 03:46 PM
I do the same, but when I pull the bubble out of the bag I DO NOT press it in the screen, just put the screen on some folded up paper towels and let the bubble drain by itself, then you run it through the sift screen. your bubble is sticking together because the better bubble still has some of the essential oils that tend to dry up. when my really good bubble gets stuck together I put it in the freezer for about 10 min the shake the container violently. it should break it all up.

kushkommander
07-10-2012, 06:15 AM
I agree with what evergreen said but in addition when I dry my hash I have an air conditioner running in a walk in closet, I put the hash on large pieces of parchment with 5-6 papertowels underneath to wick out some moisture, spread out evenly and even your stickiest meltiest fmcd will dry proper with out sticking together after...I find a week is about right for that real gooey stuff you are talking about and once fully dry it you should be able to snap a piece off or crumble it depending on the strain

but even then try to keep it in a cool dry place...leave it in the sun and its inevitable to turn into a gooey chunk :D but yeah then can always throw in the freezer like ev said... keep on melting

lostinspace
12-06-2012, 04:50 PM
I dried my bubble in a warm room with the heater on and it dried out overnight.. I broke it up in little pieces BUT it is hard as a rock.. What did I do wrong ??

Terpman1
12-30-2012, 05:33 AM
Heat buddy...always dry below 60 with air circulation. Throughout the process, cold is always your friend!!