PDA

View Full Version : First time making bubble with trim

fizoster
08-05-2008, 03:13 AM
Yo everyone,

My boy has a plant the he's been growing, and it's about 12 weeks into its life cycle, and just started budding a couple weeks ago. He clipped a bunch of leaves from it and we ended up with about 47 grams of trim. I froze the trim, and then we ran it through my bubblebags, but we ended up with like .2 g of hash, and it was all in the purple bag (the smallest one, i forget the number). Does anyone know why we ended up with so little? Could the plant not be ready for hash-making? Also, I understand that there are different kinds of trim (popcorn, fan, etc.). What exactly is the difference? Any kind of picture examples would be AWESOME, I really don't know anything about plants and this is my first time using actual plant material to make hash. And the last thing is, do I need to dry the leaves out before I freeze them or what? Thanks all for reading this novel of a post lol.

YukonBikerGuy
08-05-2008, 06:26 AM
Let me take a hit of bubble first...... ahhhhhh, ok, here we go.

The majority of cannabis strains produce little if any trichomes during the vegatation stage, with a few exceptions. At 2 weeks of flowering time, few trichomes have formed, and the ones that have are not fully developed or ripe. In addition, the big 'fan' or 'shade' leaves get little trichome development even well into the flowering stage, the closer to the buds the leaves come from, the higher the population density of the trichome stalks to leaf area. Popcorn trim is the smallest little buds on a mature plant (usually nearer the bottom and/or inside of larger plants) that are really too small to bother clipping and drying because you would need a handfull of them to get a toke, not worth the time to clip, but worth processing. Bud trim is the close leaf clippings trimmed off the buds at harvest time to get a proffesionally manicured looking bud, these are the frostiest trim leaves, and in my opinion yield the best hash and yield for the effort. There is no need to dry the trim before freezing it, the meltiest hash comes from frozen fresh material.

Hash yield also varies by strain of cannabis, some are much better, some not so much. Need to try it and see to find out in the end. The plant your boy has may or may not not be a good hash producer, but I'd bet its just not ripe enuff and you were probably using the lowest quality fan trim.

One other last thought, last time someone told me all the hash was in 1 bag, they had them in the bucket in reverse order.... Biggest numbered bags to the inside, smallest numbers to the outside. Hope this novel of an answer helps somewhat.

One more puff of bubble...... woooo ya, thats the stuff.... and I'm outtie. :)

fizoster
08-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Ahh, OK. Thanks a lot bro, very informative reply.

Bubbleman
08-05-2008, 06:32 PM
Yeah i would only add that 47 grams of fresh trim ( probably fan leaf) is only around 5 to 10 grams of dried material. ONce you run that you are not going to see much> If it was super frosty finished popcorn nugget, you may see .5 to 1gram of end product.
The returns are based on dry material, so 100 grams can get you anywhere from 2 to 10grams of hash. However the 10% is the very high end of returns. That does not mean you have to use dried material to make bubble, it just means when your figureing out the ratio's, you figure out your weight in dry , even if its wet.
a good way to figure this out is to take twenty grams of your material and dry it, and record what it weighs, this will be your ratio of wet to dry.

My two cents

Bubble man

fizoster
08-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Oooohhh, alright thanks a lot Bubbleman, I think that explains it. So, now I have another issue. If I am using fresh trim, should I still only use 50 g maximum in my 1 gallon bags? If that's the case, I'll either be doing many many batches, or be buying bigger bags lol.

Bubbleman
08-05-2008, 07:34 PM
No you can use the equivalent of 56grams dry in wet. SO that would be probably around 400 plus grams of wet . But like i say, to figure out your ratio's, cause all herb is different. just dry some out till you get 56grams, that will let you know how much wet trim you can put in.
Also let us know its valuable information
Thanks

Bubble man

fizoster
08-06-2008, 01:42 AM
Alright I definitely will update you guys after the next batch. However, the .2 that we DID get this time tasted horrible and definitely didn't get me high. It was a lime greenish color and very powdery (I wish I had taken a picture before I smoke it). Could anything except trichomes get into the bags?

Green Supreme
08-06-2008, 04:25 PM
If you use dry material that is very broken up or mix too long you can get green hash. You see if the material is broken to the size of the pores some will be forced through the holes while mixing. Chlorophyll comes out of the green matter when mixed too long. The answer for both is really just to mix less. Hand mixing makes nicer bubble than a paint or cake mixer.{In most cases} In the days before Bubblenow, when I hand mixed I mixed vigorously for 10 minutes. You should see lots of white bubbles forming if you are hand mixing fast enough. Good luck with the next batch and I will repeat to you what I have often posted here. Try watching this video. It is Bubblemans most recent how to vid. Seems most folks think they have it figured. Peace GS

http://www.pot-tv.net/archive/shows/pottvshowse-3815.html

YukonBikerGuy
08-06-2008, 10:36 PM
Great link GS, I wish I could watch it. It's a shame that all the pot-tv shows are only available if you install the RealPlayer. As a computer guy, RealPlayer contains some problematic components in the free service, and even the paid service isn't so great. Do you happen to know if that vid is available on YouTube, or somewhere else in a different format? I'm certainly interested in watching it, but I don't have a PC to sacrifice to RealPlayer.

HumboldtSmoka420
08-13-2010, 08:08 AM
Great link GS, I wish I could watch it. It's a shame that all the pot-tv shows are only available if you install the RealPlayer. As a computer guy, RealPlayer contains some problematic components in the free service, and even the paid service isn't so great. Do you happen to know if that vid is available on YouTube, or somewhere else in a different format? I'm certainly interested in watching it, but I don't have a PC to sacrifice to RealPlayer.

For real, realplayer takes over your computer! I LOVE that pot-tv episode with bubbleman like teaching a class on making bubble..........I think it was a life-changing (or almost lol) video and everyone who has ever made bubble or may make bubble needs to watch it.......very informative!

I know I respect bubbleman a lot more after watching it, this man is a WEED and HASH GENIUS!