PDA

View Full Version : Reusing bubble water

FullMeltGuitarist
08-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Hey fellow melters,
I've been around the site and forums a lot looking in and out for tips and such,(and alot just staring in awe at all your wonderful bubble, haha) but just recently joined up today, and i have a quick question.
I use the shake for for a second run, but usually I just get new water because i dont want to have to put the bags back in the water and get my hands all wet, plus if there were any hash in the water it would have to go through the other end of the screens.
So would it be worth it to dump the water in another bucket and then back in the same bucket once i have the bags back in? would I get more or would i be wasting my time?
Hopefully i'll get pictures next time..... dont know why I didnt think of it this time....probablly just too happy... or i've been hitting the hashish a little too much, haha
Thanks, -FMG :bongin:

Evergreen
08-07-2008, 11:47 PM
I reuse the water all the time just make sure that it is still below 39 degrees

Bubbleman
08-08-2008, 06:25 PM
You can easily reuse the water, i often would do this when i was limited with ICe. as the water from a freshly mixed batch is going to be the perfect temperature. Otherwise if i have a nice cold water source as well as tons of ice. its fresh water for me everytime, as i learn a little bit from the colour of the water. I have seen soooo many different colours over the years, and there are little tell tale signs with each one.

My two cents

Bubble man

fullmeltbubble
08-08-2008, 07:30 PM
would not using the water refilter all the contaminents that didn't get pulled throught the bags? giving one more chance for contaminents to get into the hash?

YukonBikerGuy
08-08-2008, 07:39 PM
I agree with FMB, its a second chance for the contaminants to get in. I have done several experiments with my used water, and the best thing I have found to do with it is pour it down the drain and start the next batch with fresh cold water. My 2 cents.

Green Supreme
08-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Careful on the drain in winter YBG, have heard of pipes bursting from the cold bubble water. Peace GS

FullMeltGuitarist
08-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Alright coo, thanks alot guys
just for kicks im gonna try the "gumbi" method after screening all the water through my bags, that way if I DO get anything, I dont have to share my full melt with friends :D

Also i was wondering if chlorine or other chemicals in everyday tap water makes a difference than purified water?

Thanks for all the help -FMG

Bubbleman
08-08-2008, 10:30 PM
ahh you always have to share your full melt with friends, its what its for.
after all its the holy grail of hash, and more importantly its what prohibition DOESNT WANT YOU TO DO. therefore by definition. YOU HAve to
SHARE YOUR BUBBLE, ESPECIALY FULLMELT BUBBLE, WITH FRIENDS.

i couldnt imagine not sharing it, as i love to see how happy it makes others.

Bubble man

FullMeltGuitarist
08-08-2008, 10:48 PM
Haha, well ive already shared most of it, which is why i want to keep my last bit for myself, =[ im only limited to this good stuff ya know!
i'll gladly share the rest of it though, even if my friends are some moochers! haha
they can try my next batch of full melt =]

YukonBikerGuy
08-09-2008, 01:22 AM
Alright coo, thanks alot guys
just for kicks im gonna try the "gumbi" method after screening all the water through my bags, that way if I DO get anything, I dont have to share my full melt with friends :D

Also i was wondering if chlorine or other chemicals in everyday tap water makes a difference than purified water?

Thanks for all the help -FMG

As I said, I tried a lot, including doing the Gumby method on the used water. I did get some 'hash' (I use the term loosley) from a lotta work, that was just crap, think it may have been mostly dust and dirt, not worth the effort, imho.

Careful on the drain in winter YBG, have heard of pipes bursting from the cold bubble water. Peace GS

Oooo, good tip. A/C vent keeps all my underspace heated, year-round though. I also sometimes pour it down the loo, as it has a larger outflow.

FullMeltGuitarist
08-09-2008, 03:40 AM
Yeah, actually just tried it
its a nasty dark green and hella sticky,
after its dry ill taste some....doubt i'll like it very much though,
but there are times when im down and out, and have nothing,
so i might save it for a times like that, atleast ill be happy with it then

cannalingus
08-26-2008, 11:05 PM
none of you bubblers that use the waste water for fertigation?!? (It is quite nutritious and only need some acidifying to work as a good tonic or even just for watering compost bins...)

trichomefarmer
08-28-2008, 06:36 AM
I always use the water 2x sometimes 3x. After im done the water goes into watering cans and the yard + garden get watered.
imho changing the water between runs of the same material, is wasteful, much more ice is needed to cool the new water down.