PDA

View Full Version : My hash is green !! PLEASE HELP

maccaslasher
08-14-2008, 06:51 AM
Ive just recently bought my 5gallon 8 bag kit and done 2 runs with different strains. I dont know what strains they were but the first lot i mixed by hand: that turned out a nice creamy colour to dark brownish, and was kick arse from the 25micron bag. The 2nd run from a different strain i mixed with an attachment on an electric drill (gently on a low speed)....nearly all of it turned out greenish: even from the 45 and 25 micron bags. The attachment was a proper paint stirrer designed for an electric drill. Should mixing always be done by hand or is there a proper attachment/apparatus that will prevent too much chlorophyll from ending up in your hash.
thnx in advance.
macca.

Green Supreme
08-14-2008, 08:15 AM
Hand mixing makes nicer hash in most cases. Peace GS

YukonBikerGuy
08-14-2008, 03:00 PM
And if you want an easier time mixing, a Bubblenow machine takes all the work out of it. The green in your hash isn't chlorophyll, its actually fine particulate of broken up cannabis. I used a paint mixer/drill for stirring for a long time and had the same issues with contaminated hash. Now I have the Bubblenow, I get better hash in less time, a no brainer. Also, only mixing a batch for 4-5 minutes for a first run gives the best hash, then you can run the same batch for a longer second run to extract the remainder from it. M2cts.

maccaslasher
08-15-2008, 04:28 AM
Thnx. Will give it a go

Razz
08-30-2008, 12:43 AM
instead of a paint mixer, try just a wooden cooking spoon. hope this helps.

maccaslasher
08-31-2008, 05:11 AM
Harder work with the spoon but the results speak for themselves.
Cheers Razz.

Razz
08-31-2008, 07:35 PM
i'm glad i was able to help out!

fulltiltbubble
10-22-2008, 09:03 PM
so using the wooden spoon as opposed to the mixer made the hash come out brown?