PDA

View Full Version : New guy wants to discuss!

GlandularFever
08-20-2008, 02:06 PM
Hi

Glad to find this portal of info, Will help me produce some of the finest hash these parts will probably ever see.

So far here's what i've found!

Bubblebags take quite long to do - thats why the bubblenow/ator whetever was created for. I have yet to use the mini washing machine. What i have found so far - is that with 1 gal bags, you arent really getting that much of of a run. Now someone please inform me correctly - but i havent found a specific answer on what weights i should be using in the 1 gal bags. So i experimented. I have varied it from 50g, 75g, 100g. Obvoiusly the 100g gave the best yield. But i have struggled to get passed the 10% mark - and dont think i ever will tbh! Had i known that the 1 gal bags were so small, i might have got a bigger size kit! Now imo, in complete honesty - the outcome does not justify the work needed to get there. Seroiusly - i love bubble, and for a lil run of percy i can see a point - or my homegrown is running low - great - pull out the frozen trim and crack on. I think for my full melt i may invest in a bubblenow!

But when you are dealing with approx 1kg of trim - i wanna know that the work will be justified yield wise! Most peeps round here sieve! So i thought i'd give it a go! Frozen Med Man trim, 160 and 120 bags used to compare sieve quality. Now i havent recorded weights, but suffice it to say that 120 bag gave some very nice hash. 160 was a lil on the green side - but its a serious baker -shit has me wasted every day n i got good tolerance! And i got at least an oz outta the first run! (couple of g's of 120 - only first finest shake)

BTW does anybody use their bags to dry sieve like me - i use the lift n jerk method like i would to drain the water outta the smaller bags. Obviously all trim is frozen first!

2a - i've noticed that once i've drained all water and pooled resin to centre of screen when doin bubble - that a gentle constant lif n jerk- just allowing the screen to rise n drop constantly for a min or two changes the consistancy of the hashand even the colour a bit. Anybody else tried this.

- As i have the 1 gal bags, would it be poss to do a mix in a bucket with just the 220 bag, pull out - empty and refill with fresh trim - rewash in the existing water - just add ice each tim - so that you can pool a larger collection of trichs, before filtering through the bags??? Really gettin sick of pullin 0.*g off a screen.

Bubbleman
08-20-2008, 05:22 PM
well first off i'd like to welcome you to the site.
Hope you find what your looking for here, and share a little as well.
First off, never over stuff the one gallon bags, they do not take more than 56 grams of dried material> if its wet you can put in more obviously.
If you over stuff the bags, you will get a nice yeild, but you will also lose your efficiency, and end up leaving trichome heads behind in your plant matter.
I also wouldnt suggest running more than one batch thru your 220u bag in order to collect in your lower bags. This will create a trap in the larger micron size bags, holding back your high grade heads in larger micron bags. You dont want this to happen either.
If you feel the one gallons are to small you may want to look at a 5 gallon size , which will let you run around 200grams of dried material per batch.
Its always a better idea to get the proper size bags, its unreal how many people want to run more than they should thru smaller bags.

As for using the bags to dry sift. Absolutely a great idea. If you want to get really high grade, freeze your trim, and then do your dry sift shake inside a deep freeze, or even inside your fridge freezer with the door open> this will raise the quality on your dry sift immensely.

anyway good luck and let us know how it turns out with these tips.

Bubble man

SIFT
08-20-2008, 05:43 PM
hello new bean here. when you buy the bubblenow machine, do you have to but all 8 screens, or do you just use the screen that comes with it. never made hash but Im ready too. nice bubble box!

plantbuilder
08-20-2008, 07:02 PM
I stack 6 bags (all i can fit) tightly in a five gallon bucket, leaving some space in between the screens. The bucket has a hole drilled in the bottom (there is a ring there on the bucket). Then I use my vacuum to pull through the bags.

I don't keep what's in the 25. It's just a filter really, or you don't have to use it at all.

Using both the 25 and 45 stacked, you can further clean the hash from any of the greater mesh sizes.

Bubbleman inspired this technique, and when I learned that the Cannabis Cowboy used a similar method to clean hash, I had to try it.

Enjoy.
plantbuilder

GlandularFever
08-20-2008, 07:46 PM
Thanks bubbleman. I knew that i was using too much for bubbling. Thing is i wanna maximise the yield i return without jeapordising quality. Thats where the idea to wash, then wash fresh and fresh and then collect larger pool of heads. When you say "this will create a trap in the larger micron size bags, holding back your high grade heads in larger micron bags." Cant see why they'd get trapped if you allow a minor settling period. Could you explain a lil more please, if you may be so kind.

So what you're sayin plantbuilder is for dry sieving! If im correct, filter my sieved goodness thought a 25 n 45 to collect contaminates and green stuff.

Does that mean that there are no small heads to be collected when dry sieving? Or am i gettin muddled!

e2a: Sorry, how rude! Thank you all for your warm welcomes (even the ones to come). I shall try my hardest to contribute in any way that i can!
Peace every1!

SIFT
08-20-2008, 07:55 PM
thanks plantbuilder.

koalaphin
08-20-2008, 10:39 PM
I am confused now about what Bman said of the 200 u bags. Are you saying that I should not run more than 200 grams of material through the first filter bag per session? What does this mean>?

chrones
08-21-2008, 06:21 AM
you can run 56 grams in the one gallon
in the 5 gallon you can run 200 grams
if it is wet material double the weight.
NEVER! use more that the recomended amount becasuse as bubble man has said you will get a better yeild but you will not be as efficant at removing trichomes heads.
if you want to run more material you need to buy some bigger bags not run more trought the 220u you will just clog up the the finner screens with more heads than they were intended to collect.

if you are looking for the best bubble dont waste your time by cutting corners do it right and you will be rewarded greatly.

GlandularFever
08-21-2008, 10:56 AM
So what should i be pulling off the screens (max) in the one gal bags bubbleman. At what point would you say i'm jeapordising quality. You say 10%? So about 5-6g per run total???? Will have a stab at it some point today and post!!!!!

chrones
08-21-2008, 03:05 PM
total you should be around 10% but the full melt will yeild a alot less around 2 to 5 %
Good luck!

GlandularFever
08-21-2008, 07:20 PM
OK guys,, to update.... Just done a run, 56g exactly. Used the usual combo of 220, 120, 90, 73, 45, 25 micron bags. Mixed for approx 15 mins, first 10 mins with a drill n wooden spoon, last 5 mins with just the wooden spoon. Its settling at the mo got some pics, will upload once everything is complete. Advanced apology for pic quality, its off a Sumsung D900 phone. Wont do the bubble any justice, but i hope it'll give a fair idea of what im gettin. Fingers crossed its a gooden, im running low!!! Pics to follow soon!

Twisted 1
08-23-2008, 03:48 AM
I never really thought about using the bags for dry sift!! this makes perfect sense!!
Thanks BM!!

nuggdigger
11-18-2009, 01:51 AM
I stack 6 bags (all i can fit) tightly in a five gallon bucket, leaving some space in between the screens.

...what if it were a 5 gallon 8 bag kit? Would it fit, and is there still enough space between the screens?

peace

aqualungs
11-18-2009, 04:06 PM
What bucket you guys think fits the 1 gallon set best? I have been using a 1 gallon small bucket but the bags seem quite crammed in there all together when using all 8.