PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Mods

fullmeltbubble
08-25-2008, 04:46 AM
the mods of this board of have been mia....now I totally understand that real life sometimes inerfere's with the online world...but I think we need our mods to be more active....this site will only grow with the help of everyone....I propose several solutions:

1.) we elimante all mods, and have me, bubbleman, hellofyester, and Dianamite as the only admin

2.)have a rotating system....where everyone gets to mod a forum at some point for some amount of time

3.)leave well enough alone

We've all put a lot of energy and effort in this site...I find this site to have some of the best photography and info out there.....I just want to make sure we maintain the vibe of learning and knowledge...

If you have any thoughts....suggestions...rants...please air them out here....maybe i'm way off base....but it seems the system we have now isn't working....

FullMeltGuitarist
08-25-2008, 05:57 AM
Sounds like you got a good idea there with the rotating system,
hopefully it works as good as it sounds.

chrones
08-25-2008, 12:06 PM
I love fullmetlt bubble. F**k those shitty shit sites that it takes me for ever to figure it out. this has to the easiest fourm site i have used and i greatly aprecciate the work fullmelt has put into this site to make it as userfriendly and spam free as possible.

Thanks Fullmelt and B man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Razz
08-25-2008, 05:05 PM
what is the mods job description? perhaps they dont know wtf they are supposed to do, due to anal retentive incompitence.

trichomefarmer
08-25-2008, 09:21 PM
Maybe it's the times that i come on, but I can almost never find anything to mod.

What isn't working? site seems to work fine for me, certainly far less bs then i've seen at any other site.

oldmanmozz
08-25-2008, 09:25 PM
certainly far less bs then i've seen at any other site.

yup :taz:

cheers beers an bubble Mozz

Bubbleman
08-25-2008, 09:43 PM
I guess there really hasnt been much to mod in the sense of deleting or banning or warning trolls. That is true, but i think what fmb, is refering to is perhaps the unwritten job of a moderator.
Which i suppose is to create quality threads, inspire conversation, show up in chat. etc etc.
Not that you personaly aren't doing all of that tf, there are just a few mods that aren't.
I have been guilty myself of disapearing for a week or two at a time, and not making a post in the entire time , so im not doing it perfect either.

IT is a true statement that this site has a lot less bullshit than other sites of similiar information, and we gotta love that .

I think the site is still ahead of its time, as are those who surf here. We will see the growth of this site in the upcoming years, for now i guess we should just enjoy the fact its pretty nice and quiet and has a great quality of members.

Big up fullmeltbubble and hell for that, and big up the rest of you for making it happen.

Peace
Bubble man

th0
08-25-2008, 10:14 PM
You guys seem to be doing a great job too me.

a rotating mod system doesnt sound like the best idea to me.

I am unclear on the issue. Sounds like we need to work on the continuous build of the community

Green Supreme
08-25-2008, 11:04 PM
Biggup to those that work on the inside. Thanks for all the work. Peace GS

fizoster
08-26-2008, 03:55 AM
Hell yea, I agree that this is by far one of the best forums online. Info-wise as well as functionality. Big ups!

trichomefarmer
08-26-2008, 07:48 AM
weehee i found something to mod.
lol

Bullethead21
08-26-2008, 11:51 AM
Hello everyone! I would like to say also that even though I am new, I have been to several other forums of this nature and subject, and this one by far blows them all away!

I also am unclear of how you think the current system is not working? There does not seem to much for the Mods to do, which can actually be a good thing, and mea the site is running well, and the members who post know the rules of the site and how to post properly in the various forums.

I tell ya, I not only host the servers but also run the forums that are on them. I have been hosting/running technical forums for about 5 years now. Trust me when I say, this forum ROCKS!

PS- If you need any help with the site, please dont hestitate to hollar! I have years and years of experience in VB software.

Now I just hope I can learn from you and your experts here, as much about achieving "Full Melt" as you guys so graciously put it! :))

Rock on!
Bullet

Green Supreme
09-01-2008, 09:39 PM
So kudos to all. Not really sure whos done what but the place does seem a little busier. Anyhow onward and upward. Peace and love GS

Bullethead21
09-13-2008, 11:04 AM
I could EASILY start flooding the forums with all my newb questions now if you guys are bored or something.....lol

There are so many pics that I usually can not only find the answer here by forum post, but a pic of it as well!

One request I do have is that when any of you Pro's post your pics, please try and take a second and puts some text in with it for us newbs....there have been a few pics Ive seen that had no description or text with them and honestly, I dont even know what some of them are pics f or why they are relevant or posted in the first place....I realize this is becuase of my newbness....but still...a little brief text with the pic and alls is explained! Even to the newb!

redrooster
10-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Good morning all, this site is slowly becoming my new hangout(I don’t hang out much anywhere else!) and I find it peacefull and informative. Must be the Bubble!
I really like hash and bubble making with all its subtilities, tastes , smells, textures and colors!
Keep this site rocking! Boom Shankar! RR

Mrs.Greengenes
11-19-2008, 07:38 AM
Hi All.... happy to be here and eager to get to know you all better. Peace love and bubble. :bongin:

Mrs. G

vodkamartiny12
11-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Maybe its going to take a combination of the two where there is a main set of admins that mod the mods and keep them updated on new rules and events then those mods monitor the site and are rotated every month or amount of time so that there is a fresh wave of energy and thoughts renewing itself in the site.

My 2 cents

martin :brainiac:

bitfreak420
11-19-2008, 07:55 PM
I think the rotating system might have some merit...it might give people a better understanding of forums in general, and give them a taste of how it is to mod them at the same time. I'm down for doing my share if any.