PDA

View Full Version : What is the consensus: Different Plants/Strains - Separate Runs,?

cannalingus
08-25-2008, 08:49 PM
I just want to have this issue addressed as I know from experience that one strain can have it's best glands gathered in the 70's bags, while another can have equally potent trichomes in 70's, 90's, and even 120's bag.

I assume that doing multi-strain runs may pollute the product, but make it easier if settling for quanta.

What do you other bubbleheads think? And even more important: what do you DO!?!

PS! I will soon pop the cherry on my newly acquired Bubblenow. (Hehe, I thought I had bought Bubbleator in a different color until I came home and saw it was from Bubbleman. And that means the shop has started carrying bubblebags too. -Does press screen come for sale separately?)

Bubbleman
08-25-2008, 08:55 PM
Hey man, first off i'd like to welcome you to the site.
Glad you found yourself a bubblenow, you will not be disapointd.
YOu can indeed purchase pressing screens on their own, by either calling 1866 MELTING
or by emailing [email protected] . She will sort you out.

Now in regards to where the headies are. I have almost always loved the heads between the 73u bag, and the 120u bag. that is not to say the rest is not well worth smoking, just from my hash snob perspective, i have loved the 73u and 90u in particular since i came out with the bags.
Now that isnt to say that a pure sativa' won't produce some unreal 25u and 45u bubble, and i have prefered it the rare occassion, but generaly, 73u, to 90u are my favorites, with the 120u being a close third.

My two cents

Bubble man

Bubbleman
08-25-2008, 09:03 PM
OH i would add this, although i have done batches where multiple trims where mixed together, i prefer to keep the strains seperately for one reason and one reason alone.
When you mix them seperately you can still hit the hash's together in a bowl, but if you mix them all together, and run the batch> then once' you've got the hash, its all mixed, and there is no seperating it out.
So by mixing seperately you give yourself more options for cannabinoid profiles..

Bubble man

cannalingus
08-26-2008, 12:13 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome. I found my Mississippi Mud to deliver the hardest at 70 and 90, but tastiest at 90 and 120. (Even 165 was smokable, and way better than soap-grade euro-maroc. 45 was tasteless and very clear headed.) The lowest 38 grade tasted crappy pistils/wood bark and kinda exploded in a poof! (volatiles in the lowest range you mentioned in a thread once? Guess it can be something to that.) I assume the heavy indica based genetics had something to do with this as a strain made from G-13, Blueberry, and Soulshine can carry huge headed trichomes.)
But, then I'm on the right way I guess... (I have only done one run with 7 icolator-bags and maybe 8-10 runs with them tiny 2liter travel bags. It's more work, but I really like the mixing ability. I ope my local shop carry single bags and screens, but they'll send for cheap too I guess. (Just wanna avoid the high taxes on everything home here. (The machine and zipper-bag came out at about 325usd here (with a 10% discount for good behaviour) so I guess you can clearly see what it's like here.)

What kinda ice you think is better, shaved, cubes or both in a mix? And do you think it would it be ok to recycle the ice-cooled water for 2-3 washes? You see: Allthough -or maybe just because, I live in a cold climate country the ice here is quite expensive, like everything else.
-But I've ordered a box for tomorrow. I think it's about 30-40litres crushed/shaved ice for roughly 18usd. (7-8kg of cubes is about the same prize, and I got 3-4kilos in the freezer.)

And then the last question, about the draining:
-Should I catch it in a bucket and let it settle for 5-10min or just drain it straight from the washing maschine and through the bags as fast as possible?