PDA

View Full Version : underground hip-hop

BuDzZPoWeRs
09-14-2008, 07:43 AM
Well I realy like this forum props to bubbleman!I remember in the old og day that you say (bubbleman) you where enjoying atmosphere..So I was thinking to make a thread about underground hip-hop.wath are you listening right now?new album?discover a new group or artist post em!

Listen to a lot of sixtoo right now the new album Jackal and viper in envy of man is fire!For the peoples who don't know it's hip-hop down-tempo electronic like dj shadow amon tobin kid koala etc!

Sorry for my english I speak french but I realy enjoy this forum plus I'm pretty high:pipe:

Razz
09-14-2008, 03:57 PM
old school-- toneloc, cheeba cheeba!

Oaxacan
09-15-2008, 01:47 PM
There is so much good stuff out there...try out Dälek, they come from New Jersey but they are not very respected in the US. In europe they are touring all the time and they have a sick performance. They are mindblowing.

www.deadverse.com (http://www.deadverse.com)
www.myspace.com/dalek

heavy bass and dope beats, oh yeah

Oax

Delightful
09-26-2008, 10:20 PM
People Under the Stairs
Typical Cats
Haiku D'tat
Jurassic 5
perceptionists
sage francis

johnnyballbag
11-22-2008, 06:50 AM
Atmosphere is ill....pretty much any album

Gotta love Gangstarr...at least for DJ Premier, he's one of the best producer/DJ's that could use a lot more credit

Me personally, i'm into turntablism. Check out some new shit, listen to C2C...better yet watch them on youtube. If you've never seen a dj battle, let alone 4 dj's composing songs with just records, check it out. A lot of people think of hip hop too statically... "its just like rap." But underground hip hop dj'ing these days is so diverse you'll have to find something you like. There's a lot of rock influence, these days more than ever it seems. It's crazy what you can do with some good bud, 2 turntables and some good wax. ;)

johnnyballbag
11-22-2008, 07:49 AM
YouTube - C2C DMC 2005 (album coming 2010)

johnnyballbag
11-22-2008, 07:50 AM
Another ill group...

YouTube - Birdy Nam Nam - Absesses

eastghost
01-12-2009, 11:43 PM
a few other artists i might suggest to anyone who likes underground hiphop
Likwit Junkies
O.C
Mood
Juggaknots
arsonists
apathy
defari
7L & esoteric
MHZ
asimov
Little Brother
Zion I

just a few, if anyone wants more just ask, ive got tons of music

COOPAROO
01-13-2009, 04:46 AM
atmosphere is good, edan is my fav tho.

COOPAROO
01-13-2009, 04:51 AM
been listening to a lot of different shit lately too:

bassnectar
the black keys
against me
girl talk
flying lotus
converge
crass
the dead
list goes on...

Randowskie
01-13-2009, 06:43 AM
Jay electronica is something you all should look up.

baw3187
01-13-2009, 09:25 AM
aesop rock