PDA

View Full Version : curing question?

l3eans
09-19-2008, 07:03 PM
I was wondering what the best way to cure your hash so it ends up soft? I have dried out my hash on cardboard for three days. So any advice would help alot. Thanks

kool420deathstar
12-13-2008, 07:40 PM
Obviously the degree of malleability or "softness" greatly depends on the ratio of soft resins\stalks (trichomes) to plant matter. The last pull of the 20\25 micron bag should be (Should be) the softest. This however will depend on quite a few other variables like:
The dryness of the plant material before you began.
How long the plant material is let sit in the ice water.
The strain of plant being used
So on and so forth… In general we will agree for arguments sake, after you have pulled your last pull you will have a higher trichome content than previous pulls. At this point you have two options
Air dry – When air drying you are allowing the trichomes to be in contact with moisture longer even after a good press.
Expedited dry – When expediting a dry you are heating the trichomes with a heat lamp or other device that does not use direct flame. This process allows for a quicker readiness for use but also has the potential for disaster if left unattended. Also after this process is completed it is wise to press with a pollen press or like device to insure that the trichomes do not loose too much moisture. Once the trichomes are sufficiently dry you can introduce the product to a humidifier\humidor.
The best is a cigar humidor equipped with a humidifying stone and hydrometer. The hydrometer should be kept at a constant 75% for about 3 days before being sealed in plastic or waxed paper.
An acceptable alternative is wrapping the trichomes in a piece of damp brown paper bag and placing the wrapping in an open sandwich bag. Once again if the trichomes are already dry, the final product will be dry. This can be *slightly* corrected but will not conclude in a product that is as soft as a product that began with fresh plant matter.

Hope this helps.