PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Oxygen Oil?

Evergreen
09-21-2008, 03:00 PM
So I have this friend who is always trying to one up me and my friends. So a few of my friends make the nasty butane oil and they believe that they can burn almost all of the butane off, which makes no sense to me, I believe that when you break the carboxylate ring and the essential oils mix whith the butane on a molecular level it is pretty hard to break that bond. Some of my friends double boil the oil and they claim that it a sufficient way to break the bond. . . . . BULLSHIT! it is like taking a nug of kind herb and soaking it with butane gas, letting that nug "dry" out and saying that there is no butane residue!

I guess the big disconnect with hash oil makers is that they believe that it is ok to break the carboxylate ring in order to obtain a higher thc percentage, it might be true but at what cost? when you break that ring you spoil the oils and I believe that it is all over at that point.

To me it is like bringing a case of beer to a party and when you open it all of the bottles are broken, and suggesting that everyone drink it because it is somehow better.

So I guess I got off track on why I started this thread in the first place, my friend has acquired a tank of liquid oxygen and is in the process of making a cylinder to blow the oil, I think that he is going to maybe blow himself up.

Does anyone know anything on this subject, I know that Bman and Hilly dont want anyoil threads on here, but I was hoping on finding someone who had a little knowledge on the subject so i could convince my friend that it is a bad idea, other than the obvious.

YukonBikerGuy
09-21-2008, 04:02 PM
I personally have never heard of liquid O2 being used as a super-critical solvent like butane.

And your box of beer analogy is a bit off.... its more like 2 people show up to a party with alcohol.... you bring wine, I bring beer. You seem to think that because it comes from a grape on the sunny side of some hill that the alcohol in your wine is better than the alcohol in my beer because it's grown and produced in a different way. I maintain that we will both get drunk, and enjoy our own version of alcoholic beverage. Don't descriminate man.

Just because someone chooses to live a life eating twigs, berries, and anything that doesn't cast a shadow and enjoys it, doesn't mean that someone who prefers proccesed foods and convienience and enjoys it is wrong, just different. You eat granola, I'll eat McBurgers, we've both filled our bellies, now lets smoke.

Now I've gotten off track.... sounds like yer friend is going to try a dangerous experiment, I hope for his sake he takes plenty of safety precautions and does it outdoors far from anyone or anything.

Razz
09-21-2008, 04:46 PM
i've heard of some kind of co2 rigup for making oil, but i doubt he'll blow himself up.

Green Supreme
09-21-2008, 05:18 PM
Some folks need to blow themselves up in order to learn. That and the fact the guy always wants to 1 up you, sounds like the makins for a wicked told ya so. Heehee. Peace GS

YukonBikerGuy
09-21-2008, 05:37 PM
LOL, tru dat GS, hahahaha.

Bullethead21
09-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Yes, I have atually heard of this. It is suppose to leave no residue behind a create pure 100% pure THC....here is one said experiment done I found....

Personally I cant see why anyone would want to use chemicals when there is methods available like dry sift and ice/water.......

C&P:
So a buddy of mine informed me of this stuff called sugar hash whether it is fact or fiction we will find out. Essentially it is the same theory behind hexane hash except you use a different substance that leaves no residue, requires no cooking after, no terrible taste, no harmful side effects just minor precautions, creates pure 100% pure THC. Pure Liquid O2 is that secret ingredient.
What I will be creating is a canister that can hold the clippings as well as a multiple silk screens, and a final collection area. Obtaining the O2 is no problem I work with it every day and have access to a complete private area as well as all of the correct couplings to make it flawless and perfect. Facts about liquid O2: Due to its cryogenic nature, LOX can cause the materials it touches to become extremely brittle. Liquid oxygen is also a very powerful oxidizing agent: organic materials will burn rapidly and energetically in liquid oxygen.oxygen's temp −183 °C. Within seconds rapidly turns to gas and has no evidence of being there.

So since the liquid 02 is so cold and under so much pressure 150 psi essentially it should separate the THC from the plant matter and break it down through the screens within a matter of seconds or minutes.

koalaphin
09-21-2008, 09:27 PM
pure oxygen? That is pretty much a rocket waiting to be ignited.

Razz
09-21-2008, 09:40 PM
ahhh yes, but it only feeds a fire, not creates one!

linsen
09-22-2008, 01:29 AM
man i really dont wanna read about this on the news

o.g.kushman
09-22-2008, 01:31 AM
i remember when we just smoked the herb...

hazedaze
09-22-2008, 01:58 AM
O2 needs fuel and spark to intensify a fire.

it is super cold, when in a liquid state.

it is less risky than butane....let us know how this works out for ya

Evergreen
09-22-2008, 05:28 PM
When I said I think he might blow himself up was just a joke. I have confidence in my friends hash oil extraction practices, I just was wanting some more info for him

thenewguy
09-22-2008, 07:27 PM
last i knew liquid o2 was rocket fuel

etarip
09-22-2008, 07:55 PM
i say try it, send me the results, and ill let you know whats up :)

koalaphin
09-23-2008, 12:12 AM
hopefully the PRODUCT ends up like rocket fuel!

Bullethead21
09-23-2008, 12:19 AM
I think if he tries it, the problem wont be fire...it will be trying to control the Liquid 02....look at the specs for this stuff....this stuff is minus 183 degress in temp....as soon as it comes out of whatever you are keeping it in...it will evaporate into nothing!

How will you get it from point a to point b??? Unless you got a lab and reproduce VERY cold temps....its gonna be hell to get it from transport container to the container that has the plant material in it.....because unless the container your putting it in is VERY cold, the 02 is going to evaporate as soon as it leaves it cryogenic enviroment.

linsen
09-23-2008, 12:49 AM
well if it stays pressurized it will work, but how are you going to FAB a SAFE container for the extraction to take place?

Evergreen
09-23-2008, 04:15 AM
good points

linsen
09-23-2008, 04:43 AM
just sounds like a bomb to me...be safe