PDA

View Full Version : *HELP NEEDED* Kief to Bubble Hash without Bubble Bags

TheHighGoalkeeper
12-19-2012, 08:37 PM
absolutely love this site, First time posting but if this ends up being a dumb question...

DONT HATE JUST EDUCATE

I am a longtime cannabis connoisseur, and for past 3 or so years ive been really only smoking/vaping concentrates. However i want that feeling of making my own concentrates, dabbing my own hash, and just being medicated off something created by ME, :bongin: ive ordered bubble bags but dont want to wait till then to start making it,

i saw this on a different forum and was wondering what yall thought of this method, untill i get my bubble bags of course.

1. I started with whatever crystals were left at the bottom of a jar that has held about a quarter pound of Sour Diesel over the last 3 months aswell as all the kief from the bottom of my grinder from ONLY SD.

2. I let the all of the stuff sit in my pickel jar in the freezer for 10 minutes and then added 1 cup of ice water, and shook for 2 minutes on and off.

At this point if you havn't already seperated the plant matter out along with some crystals it will be floating on top of your water. I personally wasn't looking to have the purest hash this time so I didn't bother to seperate most of this out previously and didn't skim it off at this point.

3. I poured the water in my jar into a glass pan and put in the oven around 150F on and off for 2 hours letting the water evaporate. At one point I skimmed of some of what was on the top (crystals and a little leaf material) and let it dry on a piece of paper(you can sample your product at this point).

4. After letting all the water except for a very shallow layer of water on the bottom where the purects crystals were I scooped them out and let them dry on a piece of paper before rolling up. I didn't get a chance to get any pictures of the purest stuff yet but here is a ball about half the size of a thumb.

Bubbleman
12-21-2012, 04:34 PM
well this is the old school Sadhu Sam method.. .ie one of the first publicly available methods of water extraction. It will get the job done no doubt about it.. however if you are playing with dry sift before your bags arrive why not learn to isolate glands heads the dry way.
you can follow my tutorial here ( photo essay) and it basicaly shows how to extract resin with a single screen and then using multiple screens with tigher mesh screens to clean up the final product to give a fully melty hash.
here is the process here

http://web.stagram.com/tag/howtocleanyoursift/

you can also check out the youtube video of how it smoked when we were done.. here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nPjekZ9WdE

Peace
bubble man