PDA

View Full Version : Small headies

Dutchman
06-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Hi guys,

I just bought the 4 pieces dry sift screen set; very nice piece of hardware. I come from the Netherlands and have a buddy who has some outdoor weed. I checked the weed for trichomes and it looked good (see picture 1).

When using the screen set I noticed that after the 160 micron screen on which I put the weed, everything falls through after a few swipes on the 140 micron screen, the 100 micron screen and also on the 70 micron screen!

When investigating with my microscope I noticed that the headies are smaller than the openings in the 70 micron screen. Picture 2 is what is left on the screen, picture 3 is what has fallen through after just a few swipes, mostly precious headies!

Ok, so I know that the bigger headies are better, but I still want to be able to harvest the small headies from my buddy's weed! So, what to do, add a 40 micron screen? Can I get one that fits with the rest of my screen set?

Happy to here from you!

Dutchman.

Bubbleman
06-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Well the 70u is about as small of a screen you want to clean thru. you can clean thru a 50u but its extremely slow going work. it can take alooong time to clean a very smalla mount of resin and once its cleaned you will find whats on top of your 70u blows it away.
I usualy send the botton tray collection to friends who cook with it.
Thanks for sharing.. great shots

Bubble man