Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spice of Life fanclub

Default Spice of Life fanclub

Just photo'd some finished Blubonic, grown from seed. There are four and this is the first one to come down at 49 days because it is so thick and heavy there is a severe risk of mold. I cut a tester bud three days ago, and it was sweet+stony as heck so although the buds look about 50% ripe, my hands are tied! I doubt that this plant could finish 8 weeks without molding inside the biggest tops.

I estimate this plant will yield close to half a pound. She is the heaviest yielder I ever saw and the top cola feels like 300g, wet. The entire plant is 6.5 feet tall.

This plant I will call "Blubondage" because it is necessary to tie her up nice and secure so she won't go anywhere!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LostCoaster; 10-22-2008 at 09:41 PM.

Nice, I have grown some Spice of Life stuff here and there. Shishkaberry,Sweet Tooth, Strawberry Blonde, OG Kushx Blue Sattalite and have cuts of Steves Grapefruit and Sweet Skunk. Welcome to the club. Thanks for sharing. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

Default Blubonic

Quote Originally Posted by LostCoaster View Post
    Just photo'd some finished Blubonic, grown from seed. There are four and this is the first one to come down at 49 days because it is so thick and heavy there is a severe risk of mold. I cut a tester bud three days ago, and it was sweet+stony as heck so although the buds look about 50% ripe, my hands are tied! I doubt that this plant could finish 8 weeks without molding inside the biggest tops.

I estimate this plant will yield close to half a pound. She is the heaviest yielder I ever saw and the top cola feels like 300g, wet.

This plant I will call "Blubondage" because it is necessary to tie her up nice and secure so she won't go anywhere!
    Nice looking plants and photos.

Almost all of S.O.L. Seeds make good Melty Hash.

I have a few packs of Blubonic in my seed collection also.

Aqua Lab Tech

You should start those seeds, Blubonic is a winner. Breeder Steve must be an awesome character in life because he infuses all of his strains with the same type of upbeat, happy buzz and great flavors. I appreciate how he gives us some of the unique genes from DJ Short, in this case blue satellite and mixes them with more production oriented strains so we don't have to nurse along some mutant plants forever, for small yields of headstash quality.

I do love DJ Short's plants and grow those as well. Check out the babies that are coming up. Vanillaluna, Flo, and Flodica. Probably going to put all 24 of them underneath one light and hope for an oz. per plant.

Here is a shot of my favorite plant from this pack of seeds, Blubonic #3. It ended up a mid-yielder, not quite as tall but with a very sexy sativa look that I believe holds some true blueberry sativa genes. #3 smells like onions, kinda like I would imagine a sexy hippy chic's armpit would smell after dancing for hours at a festival.

baby shorts

Hey Green so how was the OG x Blue Sat?? Pics I have seen look outrageous. Ever grown the blockhead? She is totally wicked, will hang toe to toe with any kush you can come up with. Just different flavor profiles, she is sweet and sour all the way but the high has much more character.

No I have yet to grow the Blockhead. I look forward to it in the future, as I have heard good things about it from people I respect. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

The twins came down at 52 days, these started looking ripe at day 42 I was shocked. These ladies resemble the blue satellite 2.2 very much and have a delicious blue smell. #1 smells exactly like a chocolate scented color pencil that you might remember from school as a kid. #4 has more blueberry funk with the same sweet blue chocolate aroma. I had my eye on #4 from the beginning as the one, and I think she just might be the one from this pack. These plants both will yield close to a half P - I was pretty happy when I pulled them out of the back corner.

looks fucking great dude. Always enjoyed steves genetics. One thng you gotta give steve , he know good resin.

Bubbleman

I just wanted to say thanks for posting about blubonic, i got a 10 pack but when soaking in water before germination, my girl knocked the damn cup over and didn't notice for like 10 hours. Then after that lil mishap, we had a nice fun week long power outage from a wind storm, and out of all my stock the one sole surviving blubonic i have has been the one that took it the best. It's nice and stinky for a vegging plant, hasn't shown sex yet though. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's a nice female pheno. Seems like a brute so far though.