Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome one and all

hey guys, great looking grows, I'm interested in starting a micro-grow and I had a few questions. Around how many watts per cubic foot are you using? Do you use 12/12 lighting from seed? Do you think lighting from the side would work to help keep the plants short?

hempy, what strain is that? For a sativa it looks like you've done a great job at keeping them from stretching.

Quote Originally Posted by hempybucquet View Post
    Hey Dr & Mrs G! Thought you were lost to the trolls. Glad to see not.

Glad to see you too hempy. Your plants are looking great.

Mrs.G
    Community milk and cookie pusher. Got CANNAMILK!

Quote Originally Posted by ghib View Post
    hempy, what strain is that? For a sativa it looks like you've done a great job at keeping them from stretching.
    It's "Superbud" from Highgrade seedbank...70% sativa. It took a little experimenting to get them to behave. They seem to want to stretch and produce nothing but popcorn buds. I found that if I flower them at 2", and wound the stem by crushing it slightly in the first 3 weeks of flower they stunt, behave and deliver much beefier buds!

Just added "Black Queen", a 80% indica to the cab. Will be interesting to see what sort of budsicle that generates.

so like a slight supercrop to the main stem?

do you do the same with the indicas?

Quote Originally Posted by ghib View Post
    so like a slight supercrop to the main stem?
    Right, just crush the stem between your fingers until you feel a crunch. Enough to bruise it, but not enough to flop it over.

Have not tried it on the indica yet. Going to see if I can grow it short and compact without "stressing" first.

Hi Dr. Bud! Glad to see you are still around. Someone gave me a nudge in the right direction to find you!

Quick question for Dr. Bud, or anyone who is proficient at his methods...

Essentially, one of the techniques stated was to mount the CFL light cleats and not move them. Is there an ideal height to mount them at? From Dr. Buds 210watt cab, it appears that the lights are about 24-26 inches. Is that about right?

Just thought I'd chime in here since it appears to be the meet and greet thread for now

Hi, I'm jim, good to meet ya! Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll have me a new micro grow (my first micro) and will share the adventure with you guys. The grows that I've seen many of you posting here and elsewhere have really given me a much greater comfort level with setting up the micro grow than I've had in the past.

Can't wait to get my own grow under way Dr. Greenbudgenes style here with the new year! NL and Power skunk... YUMMY!

Hello fellow Microīs !
    Inspired by the good Dr., I decided to have a go at a little cupboard myself.
    I tried last year, but did a lot of things wrong and practically nothing right.
    I did get some really tasty (small) nugs, but all in all, if counting $$, it wasnīt worth the effort.

But heck, did I learn a lot !!!

So, now Iīm giving it a go again.
    Growing mostly Indica, itīs a bit hard to get the girls to stretch enough, but thatīs just a question of dialing them in, flowering at the right starting size.
    I started a small variety of (16) seeds, ended up with 4 males, 12 Ladies !
    You can see pics of my projekt here:
    http://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=16873

Iīll take a few more picīs fer ya later today....

Default Later

Cant wait till i rip this toro nextdoor with a toro ac